Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

All Points East - TEN DAY festival in Victoria Park, Hackney, from May 25 to June 3

editor

hiraethified
That's a big festival for a public park, even if some of it is free

The organisers behind landmark festival Coachella have announced they’re to run a new ten day festival in London. All Points East will take over Victoria Park, Hackney, from May 25 to June 3 in 2018, and managed by the Coachella creative team, it will feature a diverse range of alternative music.

The ten day event will be crowned by a three day paid-for festival, with daily headliners. Those will include The xx, who will open the festival on May 26, and other bands confirmed to play include The National, who will headline on June 2, supported by Future Islands and Warpaint. More line-up announcements are to follow.

During the interim days, a free-to-enter street food hub will celebrate the best of the London food scene, whilst comedy and outdoor film screenings will take place. Generally speaking, aside from the three day music festival, the All Points East festival site will be free-to-enter.

Read more: Coachella organisers to run new festival All Points East in London | Metro News

Well, it's good that some of it is free I guess though to be fair we're not exactly short of food stalls round here, even in Vicky Park itself, actually, since it has a farmers' market every Sunday with loads of hot food stalls so I'm sceptical about how much the free part of it will actually add, unless the comedy is free too.

Weirdly they haven't highlighted that one of the acts is Bjork! I might actually go.

Shame to lose access to most of a park during the first warm half term of the year though. Hope they're paying a lot for the use of it.

Back
Top Bottom