Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Air Quality in Beijing...

kyser_soze

Hawking's Angry Eyebrow
Having watched the BBC 'spot' overlooking the stadium, at the moment on Newsnight you can just about see the bird's nest, and apparently this smog is at 90ppm - UNESCO's 'unsafe'' limit is 110ppm.

Is it any wonder the US team arrived wearing air masks?

Ah, so it's a mist that's persisted 5 days, 24 hours a day so far.

Actually, watching the Newsnight report about the 150,000 party members being trained in cheering, it's all slightly scary...

I think it was yesterday that it was 'fog'. Although that may just be the difference between BBC & ITV news.

It was pretty this morning when the sun was coming up. Perhaps that will placate all the athletes?

I didn't see the training of the cheerleaders though. Perhaps it was because of this morning's mist............. :D

Beiijing is a fuckin nightmare - apparently the emmssions are not helped by the dust that is raised from the desert that seems to be encroaching Beiijing cos of low quality agricultural processes. Ive been there in November and its a nasty cloying tannic enironment. Almost as bad as Teeside on a bad day.

grim

I don't understand why they think people are so stupid. I was even speaking to a Chinese girl yesterday who was adamant it was mist.

I didn't want to tell her that yellowy/brown "mist" was pollution :rolleyes:

Whts the odds on someone coming home with some form of carbon monoxide pionsoning or something?

Radcliffe pulled out of the last marathon cos of the heat, this one she might actually DIE....

Whts the odds on someone coming home with some form of carbon monoxide pionsoning or something?

Radcliffe pulled out of the last marathon cos of the heat, this one she might actually DIE....

Ummmmmm.

Sure, the pollution is bad in Beijing.

But some proportion, please! Beijing is a city of 15 million people who live there all the time and many have done so for decades.

Spending a couple of weeks there is not going to see people keeling over.

:rolleyes:

Woof

Back
Top Bottom