Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Help Aieee what's happened to my macbook screen?

4 years; bought Jan 2020.

That's well out of Applecare range then, I have a Mac repair man near me that I sort of trust, may be worth looking near you for someone who can do it cheaper than Apple. But there is always a risk in that.

Do try plugging it into the TV or something just in case it is some graphics card weirdness but looks mechanical to me.

The new Macbooks are very hard to take apart, I had to partially destroy my recovered one to try and get at the hard drive. Gave up in the end. It has weird hooks holding the cover on.

After I removed the screws I had to bend it like you can see here to get the back cover off.

As it had already been ran over by some cars I wasn't particularly bothered or careful but they are not easy to get into. I have fixed iphones and playstations in the past but these are a nightmare.

Yes, you probably can do it, but you stand a high chance of fucking it up and costing yourself even more money.

IMG_4227.jpeg

Yep, bad flex cable. It's a ~£500 or so repair at the Apple store, or considerably less at a third party repairer. The part is only £15.
How the fuck can those grasping cunts charge £500.00 for a cable and ten minutes labour?

It's fucked
Accurate. Well the screen was. Apple said in the region of 8-900 quid and they might need it for a month 'or two'. Wankers.

Rocket Repairs did it in 3 days for 490 (secondhand screen).

Hmm. I got a Mac again because I had the last one for 12 years and it never put a foot wrong.

Ive had repairs done by Amsys in the past who were good.

If you can prove its an inherent fault with this particular model of machine, you can get a repair free of charge for up to 6 years after purchase, its difficult to do but I did it with my current MacBook which is a 2012 model and had a demonstrable issue with the logic board that I collected a lot of examples of and disputed with apple.

Back
Top Bottom