Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Action or hackyslashy games for crap gamer

Steel Icarus

we move
Hiya

Want a mindless pick up and have fun action game; nothing with complex button combinations and nothing particularly challenging, just some stoopid explosions and ultraviolence

Devil May Cry 5 looks fun, as does NieR Automata, or Bayonetta 1/2?

Recommend me something gamers?

I am crap at video games.

Torchlight 2, diablo 3 & path of exile literally involve clicking on things with your mouse until they explode. I bought diablo the other day and, yes, it is a terrible, terrible game but i can click on things until they explode. Which is quite therapeutic at the moment.

Path of exile is also free.

The three you mention are also very good.

If you want pure blasters then Nex Machina is basically fucking poetry in videogame form. Nuclear throne is also great. If you have a PS4 then Resogun is brilliant.

Hiya

Want a mindless pick up and have fun action game; nothing with complex button combinations and nothing particularly challenging, just some stoopid explosions and ultraviolence

Devil May Cry 5 looks fun, as does NieR Automata, or Bayonetta 1/2?

Recommend me something gamers?

I am crap at video games.
i very much enjoyed dragon age origins. there are ways you can programme the characters in your party to behave but i never got the hang of that. nonetheless i had a lot of fun playing it. it's auld it's cheap and it's good

I think you're looking at something like Dark Souls 2, or maybe Bloodborne if you just want to mash one or maybe two buttons.

Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War.

Pretty simple fighting. There's more to it over time but it builds really well. You can just spend an hour wandering around randomly killing Orcs if you really feel like it.

Really great games IMO.

Pretty simple fighting. There's more to it over time but it builds really well. You can just spend an hour wandering around randomly killing Orcs if you really feel like it.

Really great games IMO.

I’m playing the second at the moment. Remember finding the violence quite intense on the first one. Lots of fun. The orcs are great, almost feel bad about killing them sometimes.

I’m playing the second at the moment. Remember finding the violence quite intense on the first one. Lots of fun. The orcs are great, almost feel bad about killing them sometimes.
Me too 😁. I'm around 32%. The first game was so good I played until I got 100%. Never been a completionist on any other game but they're both so simple and yet satisfying to play.

Me too 😁. I'm around 32%. The first game was so good I played until I got 100%. Never been a completionist on any other game but they're both so simple and yet satisfying to play.

So far, I think I prefer the first one. The combat feels more “crunchy” and it has more of an eerie feel.

Barely started on the second, though, tbf.

Batman Arkham Games.

Call of Duty single player campaigns are very simple run and gunners.

Gears of War 1-4 set can be picked up for peanuts and are great fun.

DOOM 2016 can be picked up for a few quid also, can get quite challenging the more you progress, but just knock down the difficulty! ;)

Alien Isolation can still be picked up for about £1.50 on Steam (You haven#t said what platform you have) as part of the alien day deals yesterday, not sure how long that will last at that price, but well worth £1.50 (ETA: Ends in 19 hours from when I posted this)

Last edited:

Really great games IMO.

Great fun, well the first one is, haven't played the second one but I do have it in my pile of shame. Not sure good for a crap gamer though, the whole captain system and the way they power up if they defeat you can be mega frustrating.

Great fun, well the first one is, haven't played the second one but I do have it in my pile of shame. Not sure good for a crap gamer though, the whole captain system and the way they power up if they defeat you can be mega frustrating.
Yeah, I got a bit into it - couple of hours - then I couldn't cope. The captains were too much for me.

Oh, Dead Space 1-3 are also good fun, and scary as hell. last generation so can be picked up cheap. backwards compatible with Xbox and will work on PC. Not sure how Playstation deals with past generation stuff, are they still shit at it?

It might not be what you’re looking for, but I remember Castle Crashers being fairly mindless and quite silly. I’ve just noticed that it’s been released for the PS4 now, so I might get it again :cool:

Back
Top Bottom