Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Accused rapist Ched Evans to be released from prison

Bahnhof Strasse

Met up with Hannah Courtoy a week next Tuesday
So he's coming out this week, having served half his sentence for rape.

Judy Finnigan has declared that his rape was not as bad as other rapes :facepalm:

His girlfriend is standing by him, in spite of him being filmed committing the rape.

His girlfriend's father is also standing by him and funding appeals and this website: http://www.chedevans.com/

120,000 have signed a petition calling for him not to be allowed to resume his football career upon release, 5000 have signed a counter-petition for him to be allowed back in the Blades.

Personally I don't think that anyone who has served their time for a crime should be denied work.

However I really do not understand how you can be released half way through your sentence whilst still protesting you innocence?

I don't understand that either, but then sentencing has changed massively over the last 5 years. That said, I'm not sure how a sex offender can protest their innocence, be released early and not be seen as a risk.

120,000 have signed a petition calling for him not to be allowed to resume his football career upon release, 5000 have signed a counter-petition for him to be allowed back in the Blades.

Presumably the owner of the business will have to make a commercial decision about Evan's future employment; the fact that he comes from a country in which victims of rape can suffer more severe punishment than the perpetrator might, or might not, figure.

nasty case - the victim got hounded on twitter and outed by supporters of Evans - I think a couple of them got done for it. Seems an early release and he probably will play professionally again, maybe with Sheff Utd his former club - I think there have been other players convicted of sex crimes who have played again

Presumably the owner of the business will have to make a commercial decision about Evan's future employment; the fact that he comes from a country in which victims of rape can suffer more severe punishment than the perpetrator might, or might not, figure.

I hope not. He owns a business in a country that pretends to take sexual crimes seriously.

There's a couple of things with this. If that site is to be believed, then it doesn't seem to be a clear cut case. Note: this isn't me saying he's innocent/she's lying. I didn't read the stuff about the case at the time, and of course, most rapes are not clear cut cases so there's that as well. But seeing as he was found guilty, he should be forced to serve his full sentence as he's shown no remorse.

But once he's out, he should be allowed to work like anyone else. He's served his time, even if we disagree with the decision to release him. If I was a Sheffield United fan, though (or fan of any club), I would not want him playing for my club.

Complicated :hmm:

he was a decent striker so even if Sheff Utd don't take him back (they cancelled his contract when he was sent down) another club will take him. Lee Hughes got plenty of clubs sniffing around when he was released (killed someone whilst driving) and is still playing in the Conference at 38

There's a couple of things with this. If that site is to be believed, then it doesn't seem to be a clear cut case. Note: this isn't me saying he's innocent/she's lying. I didn't read the stuff about the case at the time, and of course, most rapes are not clear cut cases so there's that as well. But seeing as he was found guilty, he should be forced to serve his full sentence as he's shown no remorse.

But once he's out, he should be allowed to work like anyone else. He's served his time, even if we disagree with the decision to release him. If I was a Sheffield United fan, though (or fan of any club), I would not want him playing for my club.

Complicated :hmm:

Is it complicated? He's done his time and therefore, if we believe in the justice system, he has a right to work in certain jobs. He will never work with vulnerable people but you don't need to pass a DBS check to be a footballer.

Is it complicated? He's done his time and therefore, if we believe in the justice system, he has a right to work in certain jobs. He will never work with vulnerable people but you don't need to pass a DBS check to be a footballer.
Except he would not be able to undertake any non-footballing 'community' responsibilities for the business that involved working unsupervised with women or minors?

Except he would not be able to undertake any non-footballing 'community' responsibilities for the business that involved working unsupervised with women or minors?

Spot on. Well, his DBS check will reflect that he's a sex offender. It's up to his prospective employers whether they use that as a reason not to employ him. I wouldn't want my daughter training with a club who had him as a coach, that's for certain.

Is it complicated?

The case is complicated, he was found guilty of rape as the woman he had sex with was too drunk to consent, the man who had sex with her minutes before Evans got stuck in was found not guilty. AFAIK Evan's girlfriend and her father are basing his innocence on this, in my mind it shows the guilt of the fella that got off.

Bahnhoff summed it up with regards to the case, but other complications are cheering for a rapist, whether he's "done his time" or not. I would have no problem buying milk from him, but I wouldn't want him playing for my football team.

The case is complicated, he was found guilty of rape as the woman he had sex with was too drunk to consent, the man who had sex with her minutes before Evans got stuck in was found not guilty. AFAIK Evan's girlfriend and her father are basing his innocence on this, in my mind it shows the guilt of the fella that got off.

Yeah sure but Evans was convicted, has served a sentence and will be on probation for another two and a half years. How he's employed is between him and his prospective employer. That's not complicated but I agree the whole prosecution stank.

What was the basis of the mate's 'not guilty' outcome? Or, what was the perceived difference between the two?

What was the basis of the mate's 'not guilty' outcome? Or, what was the perceived difference between the two?

Don't know. Guess that's between the jury members only. Beyond reasonable doubt is a pretty high benchmark though.

Bahnhoff summed it up with regards to the case, but other complications are cheering for a rapist, whether he's "done his time" or not. I would have no problem buying milk from him, but I wouldn't want him playing for my football team.

Yeah true, I wasn't thinking about that aspect. If I supported a club who employed him that would be a real problem for me.

"Negotiations to bring back Evans started after Saudi Arabian Prince Abdullah bin Mossad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, one of the world’s richest men and co-owner of Sheffield United, gave a nod of approval for his return.
Since then manager Nigel Clough and co-chairman Kevin McCabe have frequently visited him behind bars."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/convicted-rapist-footballer-ched-evans-3604122#ixzz3GD2CZ5PI

The Saudi Prince says its alright so nobody worry :facepalm:

A football club isn't just a business-it's made up of people, of a community. I live right by Bramall Lane, it's my local club. Although they'll never be my first team I would like to feel able to support them. The actions of a significant section of Utd fans in response to this whole sorry incident mean I just can't.

I find his total lack of remorse the most disturbing part. He maintains that he had consensual sex with someone who was unconscious.

Someone mentioned Lee Hughes. While I won't defend the man, he killed somebody unintentionally and showed remorse. In contrast, Ched Evans is still protesting his innocence despite the fact that during the trial a video of him forcibly penetrating an unconscious woman was produced. The man is clearly a deeply disturbed human being who has no concept whatever of the difference between rape and consensual sex. Personally I'd support his sentence being extended since he's clearly not been rehabilitated in the slightest.

"
Someone mentioned Lee Hughes. While I won't defend the man, he killed somebody unintentionally and showed remorse. In contrast, Ched Evans is still protesting his innocence despite the fact that during the trial a video of him forcibly penetrating an unconscious woman was produced. The man is clearly a deeply disturbed human being who has no concept whatever of the difference between rape and consensual sex. Personally I'd support his sentence being extended since he's clearly not been rehabilitated in the slightest.

Fuck! I didn't know that! What's wrong with is family?!?! They must know that?

This is all just about shite sentencing.

Once someone's served their time they should be considered rehabilitated and able to continue their employment. If they're not rehabilitated they shouldn't be released. Evans clearly isn't if he still thinks he didn't rape the woman.

So his sentence should be extended.

First offence rape should be a mandatory 10 years.

Second offence - life.

Once someone's served their time they should be considered rehabilitated and able to continue their employment. If they're not rehabilitated they shouldn't be released. Evans clearly isn't if he still thinks he didn't rape the woman.

Second offence - life.

I think it's also to do with the fact that Clayton wasn't convicted. They both penetrated her so Ched Evans' supporters are saying it doesn't make sense that one is convicted and the other not.

Maybe it doesn't make sense but the victim went back to the hotel with just Clayton. Evans joined them later and walked in on them. Two friends watched through a window. I think the jury decided she consented to have sex with Clayton but since Evans turned up later the whole "well you went home with him" thing didn't really apply.

Second offence - life.

His sentence is five years. He's done 2 1/2, so no need to extend anything, but equally no need to let the creepy cunt out of stir.

So the fuckwits thinking was slapper comes back to the hotel its a free for all.:confused:
If she was Unconscious how could she possibly give consent?
Even when I was younger I managed to figure out if a woman passes out on you that isn't a green light for sexy time:mad: Just how fucking stupid do you have to be to belive your innocent. As for his supporters he's a rapist its on fucking video he raped somebody he was found guilty he went to jail.
Doesn't deserve to be hounded until the end of time but got drunk crossed the line went to jail

Back
Top Bottom