Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

5am bacon butties on River Thames

Winot

I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint
Big night out on 18 June (joint 50th party). Want to see sunrise on river ie 4.30-5am ideally with tea and bacon butties.

Is this possible?

Have looked at Getir/Deliveroo etc. but they don’t seem to work at that time. I know there are 24h breakfast places such as Polo on Liverpool St. or Bar Italia but they are not near river. FWIW we will be walking from venue in the City.

Big night out on 18 June (joint 50th party). Want to see sunrise on river ie 4.30-5am ideally with tea and bacon butties.

Is this possible?

Have looked at Getir/Deliveroo etc. but they don’t seem to work at that time. I know there are 24h breakfast places such as Polo on Liverpool St. or Bar Italia but they are not near river. FWIW we will be walking from venue in the City.
depends where you are in the city and what day etc but id guess maybe on the southside around borough market if the traders are there?

depends where you are in the city and what day etc but id guess maybe on the southside around borough market if the traders are there?
That’s a good call - hadn’t thought of Borough Market.

(It’s a Saturday night thing so will be Sunday morning)

That’s a good call - hadn’t thought of Borough Market.

(It’s a Saturday night thing so will be Sunday morning)
hmmm the market only starts at 10am on a sunday mornign, 8am on Saturday - you are looking at a sunday morning i think yeah?
i vaguely remember there being a greasy spoon that fed the traders but that decades ago
there'll be gastrocoffee places but probably not at 5am... hmmm.

i know theres little spots that cabbies eat and drink at , but i dont know of one near the city/thames side

Is this possible?

Polo followed by a taxi to the river…

Is this possible?

It's about a ten minute walk from Liverpool st to the Thames. Quite near the river.

There's a great one by smithfields, near St Barts, but I think Saturday night/Sunday am might be one of its closed times. A proper cabbie will know, just get one of those.

It’s not what you’re asking for but might suit a changed itinerary.

The Duck and Waffle does 24 hour dining (including breakfast fry ups etc) on the 40th floor with big windows. They don’t do delivery but I think it’s near to where you’ll be dancing, so maybe you could adjourn to the D&W for afters, watch dawn through the windows and then wander down to the river afterwards.

Last edited:
It's about a ten minute walk from Liverpool st to the Thames. Quite near the river.

bus routes 35 and 47 (shoreditch - bishopsgate - london bridge, 47 then stays fairly near the river through bermondsey) run 24/7 (not sure how often overnight but can look it up)

Back
Top Bottom