Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

5 new sports in 2020 Olympics

rocker7373

Tokyo Olympic organizing committee has proposed five new sports Karate, sports climbing, skateboarding, surfing and baseball/softball for 2020 Olympics..

Baseball's not a new one really, having only been dropped for 2012 and 2016. Skateboarding would be a good one though, especially as its obvious winter counterpart is already in.

Hopefully the UK, Ireland, Australia and China will lobby for snooker to get its rightful place.

Are you also dying to unleash some spam?
Yep. It was following the the time honoured burst of random 'innocent' posts before.....

Roy_Lichtenstein_Whaam.jpg

....SPAM!

Have they introduced the Obstacle Race? I was very disappointed when that was not a sport at secondary school as I was undefeated in the infants and juniors.

Well...
Karate can be done in the same places as Taekwondo and Wrestling.
Skateboarding... I'm guessing a half-pipe/park/big-air shouldn't be that expensive to build inside an existing arena. Or go the Tony Hawk Pro Skater route and use the Olympic Pool after the events are over :D
Baseball/softball, they already have facilities in use and the sport is actually popular there. What doesn't make sense is forcing Greece or Australia build a baseball field that will be used for a couple of weeks.
surfing and sports climbing... heh.

I personally think any sport that goes fit with the Olympic motto of stronger faster higher or wherever shouldn't be allowed. Any sport where the winner is decided by judges should be kicked out.

my physio has got me walking up and down the pool holding dumb-bell shaped floats with arms outstretched. its good for my circulation and posture

is that in now? by 2020 I would be unbeatable

and the idea of Karate in 2020 seems a bit of a joke. Would be even more so if they hadn't re-instated wrestling after initially removing it

Back
Top Bottom