Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

2024/2025/2026 FA Cup

We are poor and hopefully the powers that be will make a managerial change sooner rather than later.
It's 2 years to the day since Gavin Rose's final game as manager, and look what happened after that. This is the worst possible time to make a managerial change, having to find someone to come in and work with a squad that's just been assembled, and a cup defeat (in a competition we were never going to win anyway) should never be the final straw for me.

It is looking worryingly like a repeat of last season's poor start, but it's still less than a month since the season started. If you wanted a change at the end of last season, fair enough, but the club has committed to starting a second full season with Hak and needs to show more faith in him than that.

Seriously, #hakout. I have zero faith in his ability to make things better now or in the foreseeable future.
Tend to go with this
Just spoke to someone who was at the game.he took a half day off from work to attend
His not happy ha, said he wants Hak to go as well "his not up to it and the players are not performing for him" The main gist of his comments

Also like i think you have mentioned from time to time the crowd seems to have been killed off with some of the performances and style of football recent times
Not that long ago it was a real Joy to be amongst the rabble and other sections of the Dulwich crowd.
So many characters
My Niece whos not a football lover even came to a few games and she loved the banter added with a touch of madness ha

Not a big get the Manager Gone type but deft need to see a big improvement
Look at Cray Valley doing well playing decent football and getting crowds of a couple of hundred in the same League

Personally love the cup ties, down the years some of the Cup games esp Finals have been the most memorable
Beating Walton and Hersham in a Final at Carshalton, beating Tooting at Hendons old ground, Final at Walton beating Leatherhead
Winning at Chaltons Valley, Also a final at Orienst place

Thinking about it now Hamlet have been quite successful as well in finals Recall Losing one at Dagenham v uxbridge i think it was . Bromley as well v Welling
sorry went on a bit more than i intended

It’s a while since I’ve been to a game due to playing commitments but I don’t feel I’m missing anything. Yes, we’ve been rubbish in the past but apart from the bonkers signings of the Les Cleevely era it always seemed to be that the club & management were trying their best with very restricted resources. Even allowing for the lack of a “sugar daddy” Dulwich really should be getting more with the financial resources at their disposal. The club seems to be no closer to setting up an academy to start developing homegrown talent. The club was quite open about its targets for previous seasons so I’d be interested what the target for this season is.

It’s still early days, but the concern is the problems that have been glaringly obvious since the first game, some carrying over from last year, aren’t being addressed on the pitch.

The defence is poor and prone to errors, the midfield can’t control a game and we’re massively reliant on Jeffrey, Wanadio and Mills upfront. We can’t keep a clean sheet and can be out-worked by less talented teams, with some players looking like they just have to turn up to win.

The squad looks unbalanced - a lot of young players who are stepping up from academy football for the first time, a lot of players in their 30s. We’ve suffered a few injuries and suddenly we’ve got a spine of teenagers who could all do with more time to settle in. This is Hayrettin’s first opportunity to build his squad, and at the moment it looks no better than what he had last year.

But we have had injuries - Ross Marshall, Ramsay, German, Wynter and Scott would all likely be first choices in their natural positions most weeks, and will hopefully make a difference when they get on the pitch together. Last night was deeply disappointing, and we had more than enough on the teamsheet to win, but we had two defenders and five attacking players starting. When we get into that position with injuries, the lack of a reserve team or academy really hits hard, and that’s not Hayrettin’s fault.

The next five or so games now seem crucial. We’re one league win better off after five games than we were last year. After losing to Haringey in the cup last season we lost three out of our next five league games to sit one point off the relegation places, whilst picking up wins in the FA Trophy and London Senior Cup.

And our next five league games are by no means straightforward - Canvey Island (A,18th), Horsham (H,7th), Bowers & Pitsea (A,22nd), Hastings (H,12th), Billericay (H,6th). Good teams at home, whilst we haven’t yet won away. You’d say we need at least 10 points across those games to stay in touch with the playoffs, and whilst it’s hard to see that happening at the moment, we do know Hayrettin’s approach can work - it’s just has he got the players and their buy-in to do that before the season slips away?

No idea if the finances would allow, but it feels like we’re still a few players off what we need, particularly if the missing players aren’t back soon - an experienced back up for Mills, a creative player to take the load off of Hand, a solid left-sided centre back would all be nice. But I’m sure if those types of players are available, we wouldn’t be the only team interested.

Outside of the injured players coming back and making an immediate difference, it’s hard to see where the turnaround comes from at this point. Fingers crossed Hayrettin has a Plan B.

Last edited:
I havent been for a while now, for a few reasons. From here and highlights I watch we dont seem to change, ever. I hear talk of budgets and how we are self supporting etc...... What are we trying to do/be as a club. Surely the primary aim should be to win football matches which we dont appear to be good at. Players weve acquired with big reputations have been poor. players who are poor hand have been let go suddenly perform at their next club.There appears to be a lot of things wrong. I dont have the answers just the observations, the easy bit

It’s a while since I’ve been to a game due to playing commitments but I don’t feel I’m missing anything. Yes, we’ve been rubbish in the past but apart from the bonkers signings of the Les Cleevely era it always seemed to be that the club & management were trying their best with very restricted resources. Even allowing for the lack of a “sugar daddy” Dulwich really should be getting more with the financial resources at their disposal. The club seems to be no closer to setting up an academy to start developing homegrown talent. The club was quite open about its targets for previous seasons so I’d be interested what the target for this season is.
Sometimes I think the only target is to sell as much beer as possible.

Forget the football or fans getting soaked, fuck me even the bogs have gone from the DKH end.

Sometimes I think the only target is to sell as much beer as possible.

Forget the football or fans getting soaked, fuck me even the bogs have gone from the DKH end.
How many times has anyone got soaked this season? Unless you literally cover the entire ground, most people are going to get wet in a crowd of 3,000 anyway. Personally I just look at the weather forecast and dress accordingly.

The vanishing bogs are another matter. Half of those at the Greendale End have also gone since last season, so maybe we're aiming to sell less beer than before!

All 4 home games have been fairly exciting, with a late Hamlet winner or equaliser every single time, so notwithstanding erratic performances and defensive blunders, I don't see many people being put off coming back for the Horsham game in a couple of weeks. (Losing all 3 away games so far is another matter. Canvey Island on Saturday looks even less appealling than this time last week, but the vast majority at every club don't go to away games anyway.)

How many times has anyone got soaked this season? Unless you literally cover the entire ground, most people are going to get wet in a crowd of 3,000 anyway. Personally I just look at the weather forecast and dress accordingly.
Given the massive crowds that Hamlet have enjoyed for years, would it really be so hard to put up some cheap cover for paying customers? It's hard to think of many clubs at our level who don't provide some sort of cover behind the goals.

If it's no problem providing a covered bar, why is it so hard to put up some cover for fans?

The vanishing bogs are another matter. Half of those at the Greendale End have also gone since last season, so maybe we're aiming to sell less beer than before!

All 4 home games have been fairly exciting, with a late Hamlet winner or equaliser every single time, so notwithstanding erratic performances and defensive blunders, I don't see many people being put off coming back for the Horsham game in a couple of weeks. (Losing all 3 away games so far is another matter. Canvey Island on Saturday looks even less appealling than this time last week, but the vast majority at every club don't go to away games anyway.)
Regarding the soaking, yes for a rough amount of twenty home games a season it may piss down for five or ten or none, who knows but it would be nice if it was there.

I’m not accepting the argument that it’s waste of money due the new ground nonsense, that ain’t gonna happen for the foreseeable future given the current hike in the cost of building materials and shortage of labour since Brexshit. It would improve the atmosphere as well even if it’s just over the raised terraces, but more importantly improve the comfort for the match going public on non-packed out Tuesday games. I honestly feel attendance is taken for granted when crowds start rising from October onwards to the end of the season despite what’s happening on the pitch. There aren’t many clubs at this level which don’t have sone sort of basic cover at the ends, I will caveat that by saying Dulwich do have a big seating stand for those who wish to sit which a lot of us don’t.

Regarding the soaking, yes for a rough amount of twenty home games a season it may piss down for five or ten or none, who knows but it would be nice if it was there.

I’m not accepting the argument that it’s waste of money due the new ground nonsense, that ain’t gonna happen for the foreseeable future given the current hike in the cost of building materials and shortage of labour since Brexshit. It would improve the atmosphere as well even if it’s just over the raised terraces, but more importantly improve the comfort for the match going public on non-packed out Tuesday games. I honestly feel attendance is taken for granted when crowds start rising from October onwards to the end of the season despite what’s happening on the pitch. There aren’t many clubs at this level which don’t have sone sort of basic cover at the ends, I will caveat that by saying Dulwich do have a big seating stand for those who wish to sit which a lot of us don’t.
It's worth looking back at clubs who could once take huge crowds for granted and then, slowly, they all slipped away.

Not providing cover for fans in inclement weather is taking the fucking piss and - you're right - it lets a good chunk of that all-important crowd noise dissipate into the air.

And Lord knows, Hamlet could use some loud vocal encouragement these days.

Is Dumaka still director of football? He's been in that position for a few years. Seems like whatever he is contributing, it isn't doing much for our footballing achievement..

Believe so - he’s listed in the programme in that role, is still a Director on Companies House, and has been at games this season.

His job description is probably kept in the same locked filing cabinet that contains Peter Crouch’s presentation.

Back
Top Bottom