Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Photos: Arcadia's Human Crossbow

paolo

At SGP on Sunday.

Very clever. Very silly.

Arcadia's Human Crossbow

Firstly, the test dummy. Three launches, with some assorted welding and angle grinded adjustments going on...

5974941359_50d145438d_b.jpg

Now all set. The lake beckons.

5974995205_05a34b5ddf_b.jpg

The sled is free... and so is Bertie
5975008215_bf15772c7d_b.jpg

Prepares for splashdown.

5975009169_4c244e5f8f_b.jpg

Back on the rescue boat, the Crossbownaught salutes.

5975031409_05f10b7d9e_b.jpg

I volunteer. Where do i sign up for this, it's brilliant! :D

Before we'd even done the first human launch, people were asking if they could sign waivers to have a go.

Later some people said they'd seen a queue of punters for it - though whether that actually happened I don't know, I'd gone to collapse. I might find out soon. :)

Cool, looking forward to hearing more.

Judging by your review it looks like the SGP is well worth a visit next year in the absence of Glastonbury.

Especially if Arcadia are there. Always good crack.

Cool, looking forward to hearing more.

Judging by your review it looks like the SGP is well worth a visit next year in the absence of Glastonbury.

Especially if Arcadia are there. Always good crack.

They don't do a stage, but they do this kind of very high quality "pissing about". If you like their vibe, it's worth noting that SGP seems to be their personal favourite festival. Says alot about the place. There isn't one single area that's quite as intense as Glasto late area, but that spirit is spread across the site. Well recommended.

Before we'd even done the first human launch, people were asking if they could sign waivers to have a go.

Later some people said they'd seen a queue of punters for it - though whether that actually happened I don't know, I'd gone to collapse. I might find out soon. :)

unless arcadia have girls in non apocalyptic common or garden bikini's riding their toys then their was at least one punter i saw launched. sat around on sunday afternoon enjoying an orange slush puppy watching this mad thing :cool:

Trebuchet next year?

Funny you should say that, they brought one to one of their parties last year... although I arrived after dark, so I don't know what they got round to launching earlier on. :)

They did also bring a smaller crossbow made of car-leaf springs, which they were using to fire sledgehammers from. :D

This is good shit. Are there any other groups like Arcadia?

Mutoid Waste. They are related. Mutoids are more towards the art / sculpture side, Arcadia more towards performance / pissing around.

Invisible Circus in Bristol are worth a nod, and on a less festival orientated level, more alternative theatre, there's also people like Shunt.

Nice photos! Was chatting to Bertie on Saturday morning just after the visit from the Heath and the other one and he didn't seem to think they'd let it go ahead - glad they went for it in the end, Would have had a go myself but managed to fuck my ribs up on the collisillium (NOT DRUNK!)

Nice photos! Was chatting to Bertie on Saturday morning just after the visit from the Heath and the other one and he didn't seem to think they'd let it go ahead - glad they went for it in the end, Would have had a go myself but managed to fuck my ribs up on the collisillium (NOT DRUNK!)

Ahaa... Didn't know you were going. :)

The collisillium was :cool: and - at night at least - decent mental.

Go on, what's your story? :D

I've been away working the last few weeks and not had chance to check up on Urban - anyway - I was up on the top deck of the Collisillium on the Friday night during the rain and where the hay-bails had disintegrated it left a two foot gap between the floor and the hand-rail.
I've stepped out of someone's way, dropped about 10 foot down and bounced off a scaff bar half way resulting in a couple of cracked ribs.
Not fucking happy about this at all - I've raved sketchy warehouses the last 15 years so I'll not be Claiming Direct but the fuckers owe me a night out. Was on to a promise too so they'd better pucker up :mad:

This was taken about a week later:
278279_10150345281660649_683405648_9390586_7835867_o.jpg

Pretty much saved by the muffin tops there - it could have been a lot worse for someone skinny - Someone like my mate who took the piss then nearly did the same thing a second later. :D :facepalm:

PS - If anyone tells me to put Arnica on it I'll iron their fucking cheeks

I've been away working the last few weeks and not had chance to check up on Urban - anyway - I was up on the top deck of the Collisillium on the Friday night during the rain and where the hay-bails had disintegrated it left a two foot gap between the floor and the hand-rail.
I've stepped out of someone's way, dropped about 10 foot down and bounced off a scaff bar half way resulting in a couple of cracked ribs.
Not fucking happy about this at all - I've raved sketchy warehouses the last 15 years so I'll not be Claiming Direct but the fuckers owe me a night out. Was on to a promise too so they'd better pucker up :mad:

This was taken about a week later:
278279_10150345281660649_683405648_9390586_7835867_o.jpg

Pretty much saved by the muffin tops there - it could have been a lot worse for someone skinny - Someone like my mate who took the piss then nearly did the same thing a second later. :D :facepalm:

PS - If anyone tells me to put Arnica on it I'll iron their fucking cheeks

Jeezus feckin' H.

Good on you for not going all "compo" but yeah, I reckon you'll be deserving a night out. Worst comes to the worst, I'll buy you some festy beerage. :)

I'll hold you to that! Not sure when I'm working in the UK again though. Beautiful Days or Shambala I think

The worse bit was that a friend of mine had recently died so of course everybody wants a hug...

Back
Top Bottom