Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton water lane under water

That would explain why I've just gone to run some water and nothing more than a pathetic dribble happened for a few seconds, then it stopped.

Arse.

Strange though how my first thought was to check Urban rather than checking Thames Water's website.

Tonnes of water flooding down by the lights at the church. Traffic not terrible but not great down Effra Road.

Tulse hill is also dry.

Which seems strange since there is a big reservoir off Palace Road and people say the leak is down the hill.

First post, so hello all.

It looks like there is a burst main on Brixton Hill up towards the prison. I live just off Josephine Avenue and there wasn't any water going down Water Lane when I left for work earlier.

Hello. Damn. I like it when the hill is closed. But these bursts keep happening when I'm away and it'll prob be sorted by the time I get back again.

No water Streatham Hill - and we're about 100 yards from the resevoir. Must be a total lack of pressure. Traffic chaos too - Looks like they're trying to divert traffic from the High Road past our house! I also checked here before Thames Water! :D

Slow dribble coming from the taps here (estate on Tulse Hill) - had a quick check and there should (I hope) be enough drinkable and flushable water to last until tomorrow morning.

Slow dribble coming from the taps here (estate on Tulse Hill) - had a quick check and there should (I hope) be enough drinkable and flushable water to last until tomorrow morning.

Water mysteriously bountiful in Leander Rd

Haven't there been 2 other burst water mains on Brixton Road this week (according to the traffic reports)? What's going on?

That's it? They close a major road for a couple of inches of water that vehicles will have no trouble driving through? That's pathetic.

Took me 2 hours to get to work this morning. The drive normally takes 30-35 minutes.

That's it? They close a major road for a couple of inches of water that vehicles will have no trouble driving through? That's pathetic.

Took me 2 hours to get to work this morning. The drive normally takes 30-35 minutes.

Yeah bit it has ripped the road surface up, saw a load of resurfacing trucks heading up the hill when I went past.

The People of the East stand shoulder to shoulder with our Friends in the South at this time of trouble

Finally - the moat I asked for to protect us from the Hillites! Thank you Jebus :cool:

Don't you mean the moat I requested to stop the Great Unwashed from making it up the hill? ;)

Looks like more than a few inches to me...

article-1310027504580-0CE6785800000578-377561_466x513.jpg

Looks like more than a few inches to me...

article-1310027504580-0CE6785800000578-377561_466x513.jpg

Blimey!

Please don't tell me it's the same area that's always going (ie. outside Tudor Close). I thought they replaced the pipes there last time so it wouldn't happen again

Back
Top Bottom