Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Windmill (not the pub) grand re-opening ceremony - 2nd May

I'm looking forward to this although I've had to unsubscribe from their Twitter feed as they're sending out updates every chuffing five minutes or so.

I just stuck my head out of the window to take a picture.

The sails look different to the old ones

Windmill.jpg

I'm looking forward to this although I've had to unsubscribe from their Twitter feed as they're sending out updates every chuffing five minutes or so.
:D:eek: Wow, that's overusing twitter to the max. I guess I could get some followers out it if I added them and sent messages to and fro but then again I'd probably lose some. I'll settle for retweets from Edwyn Collins and Juliette Lewis instead:D

wow; that's quite a view you have there; a windmill and the best building in London in the same frame.

Can see Battersea Power Station right through to Canary Wharf including in between: St Paul's, London Eye, Gherkin, Strata Tower etc.

Hi Ya Brixtonians!!! It's Endurance Steel Orchestra that will be playing some lively pan tunes on a lorry (kindly donated by Norwood Scaffolding) to lead the procession of Mayday revelers from Windrush Square up to the windmill. We start off at 2 p.m sharp,on Monday 2nd May,come along and join us, you can dance up Brixton Hill and then be part of the opening ceremony, there will be lots of other music taking you into the afternoon, lots of things to do and see during this very special afternoon.

See you there I hope!!!!

tumblr_ljwjkaodW21qii82bo1_r1_1280.jpg

View from my roof. Was the best surprise about moving into the area! See you all on Monday!

Just reminding everyone about this tomorrow at 2 p.m, Windrush Square...... You are more than welcome to join the procession and dance all the way to the windmill, should take 1/2 hour.... then stay for the opening ceremony.. Endurance welcomes all that would like to dance along behind us, or if samba is your bag then you can join them for a shimmy up Brixton Hill!!!;)

I'm there! Or at least I will be for 2pm, just rounding up some friends. :)

Who knows. I may get to meet you. Or have I already? :hmm:

They could have put some balloons or something on the sails (admittedly, that would be a bit naff, but just for a bit of fun :oops:)

Don't think we've met and not sure how we would recognise each other either!

I hope we we get to see the sails turning! Are they turning yet? *hopes*

Everyone I've spoken to in the last couple of days seems to be coming to this. It's going to be quite large :)

we're hoping to do so - just making a cardboard cutlass as we may dress the littl'un up as a pirate... I feel like utter crap - man flu style symptons so I'll be the sweaty, snivelly one with a small runny nosed pirate ...

we're hoping to do so - just making a cardboard cutlass as we may dress the littl'un up as a pirate... I feel like utter crap - man flu style symptons so I'll be the sweaty, snivelly one with a small runny nosed pirate ...

I shall keep an eye out for you then

Not sure the little gaijin will win prize for the Best Dressed May Queen or King though :D

yeah.. I wasn't sure if the kids had to be May Queen or King... I got the impression not..

"To enter the spirit of the parade, we'd love you to dress as a miller or a May Day Queen or King, or wear a hat dress with with flowers.
We are also holding a fancy dress competition, for the children, who will head the parade led by the Brixton Windmill Theatre Company."

Back
Top Bottom