Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Trader's parking permit price increased 9x.

Rushy

basically a scrotum
Lambeth put the price of trader's daily permits up almost 900% as of 21 Feb.
They were kind enough to put notices up all over the place giving the required statutory notice of the hike so I went to buy some beforehand. After an hour of queuing I was told they had "unexpectedly run out" and none would be available until the following week. At the new price of £18/day, of course. Charming.

Lambeth put the price of trader's daily permits up almost 900% as of 21 Feb.
They were kind enough to put notices up all over the place giving the required statutory notice of the hike so I went to buy some beforehand. After an hour of queuing I was told they had "unexpectedly run out" and none would be available until the following week. At the new price of £18/day, of course. Charming.

Crap as usual. I can see why they did it though - it was less than the visitor's permit and there was no practical way of checking that the user was actually a trader.

From what I remember weren't Lambeth-Tesco triple booking the remaining car parking places between traders/rec users/skaters/disabled hocky team etc? Maybe this is them trying price their way out of a problem?

Back
Top Bottom