Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

British Pie Week - 7th to 13th March 2011

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
R.I.P.
Another 2011 national food week arrives

mon-large-pie.jpg

This one seems to be lower profile than other recent UK food weeks we have got behind. I can't find an official government department focusing solely on the pie. The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board does not seem to be involved in this one.

Congratulations go to Craig Hennessey at The Queen’s Head Inn, Cumbria who has been crowned the 2011 Pub Pie Champion with his spectacular Cumberland Tattie Pot!

the-winner-large-pie.jpg

So do we have any plans on U75 to commemorate the week? Cooking any pies at home, sharing any recipes or any pub recommendations?

i will be eating pie. the gladstone near borough does pieminister pies, which i'd never tried before i went there.

i am not sure entire what sort of pie, mind..

i shall have at least one pie per day, for the whole of the week.

not much different from a normal week tbf.

A brilliant way to fill the gap between national chip week and bacon connoisseurs' week :cool:

this is "Jus-Rol™ week" isn't it :hmm:

and all their pie recipes are the ones which only have a top :hmm:

I might get the boy to take me to manzes for lunch one day this week though, their pies have bottoms ;)

pies that only have a top are a travesty and should be strung up for crimes against decency

Had a chicken of tarragon pie yesterday, had chicken, tarragon, red wine and dates in it. Was very nice actually :)

Seeing as its pie week, I suppose I'll just have to turn a blind eye to the multiude of pie threads here already.

And maybe I should try the "marshmallow & Nutella" pie that is on the menu at a local bakers. :hmm"

I'm going to Streatham Hill on Wednesday for a Kennedys pie.
I haven't one since they closed their Deptford shop down 2 years ago, and I only discovered they are still available the other day when I saw a Kennedys pie van driving past me,

oooh they're round the corner from me and i've *still* not tried them.
friday treat, maybe :)

Still not had a pie yet this week.
Probably won't today as it is pancake day but will give it a try tomorrow night cooked at home rather than going out.
Served with mashed potatoes (butter, milk and mustard), garden peas, spring cabbage and thick gravy.

Just spotted the tags. :D

I might actually make a pie. What sort of dish does one need for making pie? :hmm:

i had a double pie dinner today - one butter, one chicken & mushroom. i forgot to take any pics, i was so ravenous. sorry. :(

Back
Top Bottom