Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kate Humble

bi0boy

Power User
I've not encountered her before but am left wondering how potentially such an interesting documentary about the spice trail could be so totally ruined by having such a twat of a presenter.

From her Wikipedia entry I note how in her spare time she enjoys getting naked in public, perhaps she should stick to that, but preferably not when I am around

I didn't see the one the other night, but the one she did a couple of years ago about the Frankincense trail was quite good.

I've not encountered her before but am left wondering how potentially such an interesting documentary about the spice trail could be so totally ruined by having such a twat of a presenter.

From her Wikipedia entry I note how in her spare time she enjoys getting naked in public, perhaps she should stick to that, but preferably not when I am around

Was going to watch this until I found out who was presenting it,Bloody Kate not so Humble

kate_humble.jpg

What's not to like?

Argh! She is a twat of the highest order! She's on telly right now, in a documentary about nomads, and she just said the line "they have such dignity, in their filthy clothes and matted hair". Uuuuurgh.

She's no Bruce Parry

Though any western TV person who goes and spends a a limited amount of time with tribes is never going to really understand what their lives are like

She's no Bruce Parry

Though any western TV person who goes and spends a a limited amount of time with tribes is never going to really understand what their lives are like
It would help if they didn't include lines combining matted hair, filthy clothes and great dignity.

I saw the episode of Wild Shepherdess in the Wakhan Corridor in Afghanistan.
Brilliant scenery and wonderful people, she was the weak link in it.

Ah an interesting documentary about volcanoes! Oh, it's presented by someone who isn't a volcanologist.

Why is the programme description written as if the whole point of the programme is what Kate Humble does. :confused:

Do people say "I wonder what Kate Humble programmes I can watch now. Oh goody there's a Kate Humble programme where she looks at volcanoes - I can't wait to watch it to get my Kate Humble fix."

Kate Humble joins a team of geologists at the Vanuatu archipelago to investigate some of the most active volcanoes in the world - and to predict if another major eruption might be imminent.

Episode 1

Kate Humble joins a team of geologists on a journey right to the heart of one of the most active volcanoes in the world.

On the island of Tanna in the Vanuatu archipelago lies Yasur - a volcano that erupts constantly, firing out red-hot lava bombs and showering the island in thick black ash. To discover whether another devastating eruption might happen, the team needs to collect a lava bomb the minute it is hurled from the crater.

As they prepare for their death-defying mission, Kate explores the island and discovers how the volcano shapes the lives, traditions and beliefs of everyone who lives in its shadow.

Episode 2

Kate Humble joins a team of geologists on an awe-inspiring adventure to Ambrym in the Vanuatu island chain.

Here, she undertakes an arduous journey to Marum - a volcano containing one of only five lava lakes on the planet - abseiling right to its heart to discover if another major eruption might be imminent.

Along the way, she discovers how the volcano has shaped the customs and traditions of the islanders and discovers what it really means to live each day on the slopes of an erupting volcano.

BBC Two - Kate Humble: Into the Volcano

Back
Top Bottom