Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are the top five dodgiest songs from the eighties?

Citizen66

splash the cistern
Anyone remember Kissing With Confidence by Will Power featuring Carly Simon? :D

Day Trip to Bangor by Fiddler's Dram? (arguably more late seventies)

The eighties was loaded with dodge tunes. I want to compile the worst. Which, paradoxically, are also the best for remembering the eighties with.

Your suggestions?

(yeah yeah agadoo but that's a bit obvious, yeah?)

I feel more at home in 1078. By this year, the iron industry in Song Dynasty China is producing a total weight of 127,000,000 kg (125,000 t) of iron product per year.

The Power of Love. by Frankie Goes to Hollywood. So badly wrong on so many different levels. :facepalm:

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=zARg_K4jRhA&feature=related[/video]

Nik Kershaw:

It Bites:

Huey Lewis And The News:

Patrick Bateman in American Psycho was a big Huey Lewis fan. He wrote a whole chapter about how ace they were. Genesis were similarly honoured. :D

Surely this thread wouldn't be complete without everybody's favourite one hit wonders, those jolly funsters known as 'The Goombay Dance Band':

Well I have never heard of the Goombay Dance Band before, thankfully. But it just goes to show that some Germans have a sense of humour after all.

Day Trip to Bangor by Fiddler's Dram? (arguably more late seventies)

Since it came out in 1979 I'd say there was no argument about it!

My nomination is JOe Dolce - Shaddap Your Face. God, I hated that song. I also have an insane hatred for Robert Palmer's Addicted To Love.

Surely this thread wouldn't be complete without everybody's favourite one hit wonders, those jolly funsters known as 'The Goombay Dance Band':

omg, I'd forgotten about that. :D

What about Russ Abbott's Happy Atmosphere:

Baltimora's Tarzan Boy:

And of course, Kissing With Confidence:

The rock'n'roll named Reynold's Girls: SAW had their moments, but not with these guys

Or these, for that matter:
I loved this one when I was about 8: But I did have the excuse of being 8

Camoflage - Stan Ridgeway
19 - Paul Hardcastle
Shaddapa Your Face - Joe Dolce
Final Countdown - Europe
Rock Me Amadeus - Falco

The great thing about being over fifty is that I was able to completely miss out all the 80s pop crap by being out at gigs and thus not watching crap on TV and listening to braindead DJs on the radio. I'm barely aware of most of the songs mentioned in this thread.

The great thing about being over fifty is that I was able to completely miss out all the 80s pop crap by being out at gigs and thus not watching crap on TV and listening to braindead DJs on the radio. I'm barely aware of most of the songs mentioned in this thread.

You've missed out.

Back
Top Bottom