Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

mwgdrwg

Be a Pisces. Jam.
I downloaded the demo from the Xbox Live Arcade yesterday...and what a surprisingly fantastic little game :) I had been thinking of getting Limbo or the new Castlevania game, but this is the one I ended up buying.

The graphics, puzzles, and controls are all very well done. There's an incredible amount of replay...I played the first level three times to try and beat my score (and find that last red skull...which I couldn't find!).

Try the demo, this is the best Lara Croft game in 15 years!

I completed Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS+ August '15) the other day and it too is brilliantly designed for cooperation. Players have different skills so must genuinely cooperate to get through. So many co-ops are a doubled-up single player - to the extent that there is only one character in the cut-scenes!

Unfortunately it is the first I've played to not be 100% emulated by the PS5 (it seems to know about this as there is a warning): Dark stripes cut across the screen for long sections then at other times disappear. It is also a bit picky for couch play since everyone playing needs to sign in to PlayStation. Play it while you can!

Back
Top Bottom