Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I loathe it. Smash it to pieces!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

timothysutton1

Brixton resident.
3537257237.jpg

Does anyone know how much this cost?

i like it but is it really a heron? doesn't look like the herons i see in london. it's plump for a start. looks more like a kingfisher

i like it but is it really a heron? doesn't look like the herons i see in london. it's plump for a start. looks more like a kingfisher

Aye, I thought it was a kingfisher when I first saw it.

Herons have long legs.

But I do love it being there, and I love that it's a weather vane :)

This reminds me of the White Hart Dock fiasco which cost £89,020!

Why is all this money spent on council led arts project while local artists are starved of funds?

Does this council really want to encourage arts in the borough, or is it merely a cynical way of justifying irrelevant jobs in the Town Hall?
two local artists are involved in the other parts of the project.
i suspect a more accurate question would be 'Why is all this money spent on council led arts project while timothy hutton is starved of funds? :p

i think that sentiment was directed at mr sutton

Indeed. Give people things of beauty and they will look after their surroundings. There is a massive mural near me and it has only a tiny amount of graffiti on it and I've lived here nearly 10 years. Investing in art is investing in a community

This reminds me of the White Hart Dock fiasco which cost £89,020!

Why is all this money spent on council led arts project while local artists are starved of funds?

Does this council really want to encourage arts in the borough, or is it merely a cynical way of justifying irrelevant jobs in the Town Hall?

Maggi Hambling lives in Clapham. Local enough?

White Hart dock was wholly funded by Berkeley Homes under a Section 106 planning obligation for a nearby development.

There is a legitimate question about why artists and craftspeople based in Lambeth don't get more of a look-in when Lambeth commissions works [or developers are obliged to commission works as part of a planning obligation].

However, someone I knew who was on the commissioning panel for the Streatham Civilian War Memorial was very glad that they went for a full blown EU-compliant competition. Although Ekkerhard Altenburger - the German-born sculptor for the winning entry - was locally based, the other proposals from Lambeth residents were apparently bloody awful.

Back
Top Bottom