Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lunch and Dinner or Dinner and Tea?

??

• Total voters

machine cat

nod from the big man as kosher
Banned
Which of these two terms do you use? Do you ever use both?

I tend to say dinner and tea but have been known to say lunch and dinner (unintentionally of course) on occasion.

I suspect the poll results may show a North/South divide... :hmm:

Mix of the two... tend to say lunch and tea. It confuses some people if you call your midday meal dinner ;)

Which of these two terms do you use? Do you ever use both?

I tend to say dinner and tea but have been known to say lunch and dinner (unintentionally of course) on occasion.

I suspect the poll results may show a North/South divide... :hmm:

Dinner and Tea or, sometimes, Lunch and Tea. Very, very rarely do I refer to the evening meal as dinner, really only if I am going out somewhere!

Nobody should ever call lunch 'dinner' unless they are in primary school and go to bed before 7pm

And nobody should call dinner 'tea' unless they're a fusty archaic type from middle England's Just William books or similar.

Only humorous northern relatives used to call dinner 'tea' when I was a nipper in London. And now it seems only to be throwback and pompous types who get aggravated about the correctness of saying 'tea,'the sort who get sniffy about the use of settee, lounge and lavatory

It's clearly lunch and dinner, isn't it? Get with the rest of the world and common sense

How is it pompous to call dinner and tea their most logical and often used names?
:D

Oh, I'll call this meal the name of a hot beverage because that's what Great Aunty Ethel said in the 1950's. That's that and there can be no changing of language, at all. I'm proud in sounding like an archaic type from a provincial boarding school.

Back
Top Bottom