Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

STICKY: How to listen to the station

ska invita

back on the other side
HOW TO LISTEN
The station is ready to listen to now! Here's what you do:

1. Follow this link:
http://tinyurl.com/75-LiVe
and save the file to your desktop (rename it to 75~LiVe for future reference)

2. Double click on it and should play in any of the following players:
itunes winamp VNC player + other - but please note it does not play in Windows Media Player.
If you dont have the above players, download winamp - its free:
www.winamp.com

HOW TO SUBMIT A MIX:

For now PM me with a link to download it.

SOME PLANS FOR THE FUTURE:

-A website with tracklistings (if you supply the trackslisting I'll put them up), and a programme of what currently playing on The Urb

-Jingles: If people are up for it maybe we could all make some jingles, and share them around, so we can but some station IDs on our mixes - could be fun

- It would be great if, as I seem to remember happened in once before, someone put together a show a selection of urbanites own tunes - which could go up on the station as well.

-whatever ideas you can think of, let me know - its ours to make what we want of it.

I just clicked the 1st link and it fired up iTunes and played btw. So should right click and save as I guess.

Nice one :)

Handy hint: If you get streamripper for winamp it'll nicely chop the tunes back up into indovidual shows for your collection.

AWESOMENESS!! :cool:

I've just maneged to configure my Freecom Musicpal Internet Radio to play the Radio Station. Now I've added it to my favorites and can set it as my alarm to wake up to as well. Currently playing.. Lofty - Motown Mix!

EVERYONE should have one of these radios. They are truly great.

Freecom MusicPal

musicpal-thumb.jpg

</geek>

I've just maneged to configure my Freecom Musicpal Internet Radio to play the Radio Station. Now I've added it to my favorites and can set it as my alarm to wake up to as well. Currently playing.. Lofty - Motown Mix!

Freecom MusicPal

musicpal-thumb.jpg

</geek>

Thats great - Ive never heard of these - I guess its a wifi thing? Ill have to read up about it.

Have fun gettng woken up to bmobmscares acidtechno mix!

*must admit im a bit scared of wifi signals all over the place - lets hope they dont sponge our brains to mush!

Oh Cool! Following up on Skyscraper101's post, I've now got this up an running on my Roku Soundbridge, which is connected to my stereo system :)
roku_soundbridge.jpg

Freecom MusicPal

musicpal-thumb.jpg

</geek>

Oooh, thanks. How? Is that via the frontier radio website?

I have one that I think uses the same firmware.

Wow, how did I miss this. I didn't even know the station was still going! OK, so I've just tried to listen, but when opening the stream in Winamp, nowt happens. Is it down? Is it only 'on air' at certain times? Has the URL changed?

ska invita :)

It might be down...i did a post recently saying that it might be time to shut the station down....no one really objected...i'll post more when i get home and have a look at the stream etc. ;)

I bought my Freecom radio over to America so I can get 6 music and the pirate stations in me kitchen. Haven't tried the urban stream for a bit, I'll try it later and report back.

I'd totally listen to teh urban radio if it was running again, would wanna get it working on my iphone ideally, then I could have it on in the car.

Hey ska invita anything happening on the radio front at the moment?

Would be good to chat as I have an idea and a few motivated mates......
No, nothing happening and no plan to get it back, in that Ive not got the time anymore...but if you or anyone else wants to do something youd be welcome and id help where i can to get it up and running again.
PM me i guess ;)

Back
Top Bottom