Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Charity to give out food vouchers as poor ‘left hungry’

terratech

A charity is to begin handing out food vouchers to destitute Scots amid claims they are being let down by the welfare system.

http://raw-rap.com/e107/news.php?item.715

Does this not piss anyone here off ?
Where`s the protest ?

Public Audio Surveillance Hits London

We're well aware of the security cameras already all over the city, but it looks like Londoners will also have to brace themselves for audio surveillance, too. In order to break up gangs, London police have begun a program using audio bugs placed in public places.

http://raw-rap.com/e107/news.php?item.717

Guess your all scared in case you get heard planning the revolution.
;)

The welfare system has been reduced to a recruiting service for call centres and temp agencies. Its primary function is no longer to care for the poor regardless of their circumstances, but to satisfy economic imperatives. The government has finally convinced the public that the unemployed are worthless and must be treated like animals, being left to beg for scraps and jump through hoops.

And to think, 20 years ago Gordon Brown was ranting away in the house of commons to the effect that "if people are unemployed it is not because they are lazy it is because the government has failed them". Now everyone seems to take it for granted that there is a job for every unemployed person in the country when there is not.

[/token welfare state rant]

Seriously though, its a fucking disgrace that people are still allowed to go hungry.

terratech said:

A charity is to begin handing out food vouchers to destitute Scots amid claims they are being let down by the welfare system.

http://raw-rap.com/e107/news.php?item.715

Does this not piss anyone here off ?
Where`s the protest ?

Public Audio Surveillance Hits London

We're well aware of the security cameras already all over the city, but it looks like Londoners will also have to brace themselves for audio surveillance, too. In order to break up gangs, London police have begun a program using audio bugs placed in public places.

http://raw-rap.com/e107/news.php?item.717

Guess your all scared in case you get heard planning the revolution.
;)

I have been learning sign language dressed as Zorro for this very moment.

KeyboardJockey said:
There is probably a new law that says dressing up as Zorro is terrorism:rolleyes: :(

Indeed. I have just learnt that setting off fireworks after 11pm at night anytime other than New Year, Diwali and the Chinese New Year is a crime, and has been for 2 years (if I knew b4 i forgot). How the fek can they enforce that? It's a joke.

KeyboardJockey said:
There is probably a new law that says dressing up as Zorro is terrorism:rolleyes: :(

Well there is that "clothing" clause in the "Regulation of Investigatory Powers" act...

I honestly don't know how the state has managed to work out that £57 per week is enough to live on. On the one hand the government is telling people to eat more healthily and on the other, the amount of money one gets in benefits isn't enough to buy proper food and pay bills.

SpookyFrank said:
The welfare system has been reduced to a recruiting service for call centres and temp agencies. Its primary function is no longer to care for the poor regardless of their circumstances, but to satisfy economic imperatives. The government has finally convinced the public that the unemployed are worthless and must be treated like animals, being left to beg for scraps and jump through hoops.

And to think, 20 years ago Gordon Brown was ranting away in the house of commons to the effect that "if people are unemployed it is not because they are lazy it is because the government has failed them". Now everyone seems to take it for granted that there is a job for every unemployed person in the country when there is not.

[/token welfare state rant]

Seriously though, its a fucking disgrace that people are still allowed to go hungry.

Not just the unemployed, the disabled, sick and elderly or anyone who might need to be in receipt of benefit.

Think the reason blamed for this is cutting of job centre staff and processing claims centrally rather than locally.

nino_savatte said:
I honestly don't know how the state has managed to work out that £57 per week is enough to live on. On the one hand the government is telling people to eat more healthily and on the other, the amount of money one gets in benefits isn't enough to buy proper food and pay bills.

No doubt you'll get someone arguing how it's perfectly possible to live healthily on £57 a week.

_angel_ said:
No doubt you'll get someone arguing how it's perfectly possible to live healthily on £57 a week.

I'm sure I will. :D The cost of almost everything has increased exponentially. Eggs in my local Tesco Metro have increased by 30p a half dozen (to give one example).

SpookyFrank said:
Now everyone seems to take it for granted that there is a job for every unemployed person in the country when there is not.
A lot of the left bought the shite about how we've got "full employment" under this govt, when we quite clearly do not.

nino_savatte said:
The modern-day version of "let them eat cake". Or rather, "let them eat organic carrots". :rolleyes:

poster342002 said:
A lot of the left bought the shite about how we've got "full employment" under this govt, when we quite clearly do not.

jeszues - why do you have to drop your own personnal blame game bollocks into the thread. fuck sake thats tedious

what is happening is appalling - the 'left' are not to blame for it and do not support it - the 'left' has got feck all do do with it. get back to the issue. The left in thew DWP have been pointing out the results and dangers of the centralisation for claimants for years

dennisr said:
jeszues - why do you have to drop your own personnal blame game bollocks into the thread. fuck sake thats tedious

what is happening is appalling - the 'left' are not to blame for it and do not support it - the 'left' has got feck all do do with it.
Sorry, but in my experience the left is not interested in poverty unless it's taking place in Guantanamo Bay or they can crowbar some obscure - and bizarrely irrelevant - racial angle into the equation ("This measure will affect the most vulnerable in society - asylum seekers." type of thing).

Who are this nebulous left? I would describe many of my friends as leftists and most of them are very interested in poverty in the UK. Not least because many of them suffer from it.

poster342002 said:
Sorry, but in my experience the left is not interested in poverty unless it's taking place in Guantanamo Bay or they can crowbar some obscure - and bizarrely irrelevant - racial angle into the equation ("This measure will affect the most vulnerable in society - asylum seekers." type of thing).

your experience is also "bizarrely irrelevant" and increasingly bitter and twisted

its got feck all to do with the OP

poster342002 said:
... which neatly sums up most of the left's attitude to poverty and the actual working classes who are suffering it.

What utter codswallop; full of bitterness and lacking in thought. Who is this "left"? Are you "left" or are you a "bullshitter"?

poster342002 said:
... which neatly sums up most of the left's attitude to poverty and the actual working classes who are suffering it.

I bet 'the left' is glad it hired you as a spokesperson eh? There they all were, stumbling around in the darkness with no-one to tell them what their opinions were...

poster342002 said:
I thought I was on ignore? :rolleyes:

I had the misfortune of being able to read your simplistic (and one-dimensional) views via Yahoo.

Interesting how you've managed to avoid the questions that were put to you. :D

poster342002 said:

you obsessive clown - have you got anything else to say - everybody has heard that one before so many times from you? Anything?, anything at all? - any small point to make?

you wonder why no one has any sympathy for you? When you do have the opportunity to get off of your knees and stop bleating all I hear is "its all hopeless". get out more

(edit: I wouldn't have bothered posting this if I had seen the other replies already made in the meantime - no point kicking a fella further when he is already down - you really are irritating at times though poster)

nino_savatte said:

I'd have stepped over my dead grandma to get to the dizzying heights of $57 a week when I was on the dole. I got $43 a week, those under 25 naturally requiring less money to live on :mad:

SpookyFrank said:
I'd have stepped over my dead grandma to get to the dizzying heights of $57 a week when I was on the dole. I got $43 a week, those under 25 naturally requiring less money to live on :mad:

How much was a packet of 20 fags back then? 2s 6d? :D

Put it this way, I can't recall ever seeing any of the left's myriad outifts banging on about this sort of thing in the street. This type of poverty has been getting worse for years, and all I've seen the left shouting about in the street in recent years is the war, Gauntanao Bay and associated blahblah.

Back
Top Bottom