Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Argentina vs South Korea

Lord Camomile

Yipchaa!
Ok, I know it's early, but I'm actually pretty excited about this one. South Korea hopefully won't alter the way they played from the first game, forcing Argentina to come out and play too (as if there were much danger of that not happening).

Rather wish I'd taken today off for this one - will have to do some watching on the sly :hmm:

Cannot wait for first proper whitewash of this tournament - I reckon it can happen in this game. South Korea are not bad but I cannot imagine them stopping Albiceleste.

The only thing that can stop them is Diego. He's on form, asking Pele to go back to the museum is the quote of this World Cup so far...

Messi on a hat trick? ;]

Nah this is the game! South Korea are the best SE team and always play the same.

They remind me of Ireland when they're in the World Cup!

Defo goals in this - maybe 2 or 3.
I can't predict this one cos I don't think Argentina are that strong, making SK a good underdog bet.

They remind me of Ireland when they're in the World Cup!

Defo goals in this - maybe 2 or 3.
I can't predict this one cos I don't think Argentina are that strong, making SK a good underdog bet.

South Korea reminds me of Ireland in many non-footballing ways.

I have an equal number of South Korean and Argentinian friends, so don't know who to root for. IR noobie. :D

argentina to win this narrowly i'd say, although they didn't exactly put their chances away in the first game plus south korea are dangerous.

Cannot wait for first proper whitewash of this tournament - I reckon it can happen in this game. South Korea are not bad but I cannot imagine them stopping Albiceleste.

The only thing that can stop them is Diego. He's on form, asking Pele to go back to the museum is the quote of this World Cup so far...

Messi on a hat trick? ;]

Messi on a hat trick? ;]

You reckon it'd be a white-wash?
Who knows...this WC is strange.

I hope so :) It is 2nd round and I reckon Argentina would like to wrap up the group stage now.

I don't think Korean goalie will be as good as the Nigerian was.

Got an exam tomorrow. Last one before the rest of the World Cup stretches away in glorious indolence. But I'm supposed to be revising industriously today. This game will most likely frustrate that plan.

It should be a cracker.

Clash of styles. Clash of footballing cultures. This could be the sort of game the world cup is all about. It's not the best Argentinian defence of all time, and going forward they vary from genius to careless. The South Koreans haven't the same skill or sophistication (footballese for cheating a lot) but they won't be far off 100% of what they can do. So the big questions will be "are Argentina up for it" and "will Argentina underrate the Koreans".

I'm expecting South Korea to at least get close to deserving a win.

not predicting a great game. Argentina looked scratchy against Nigeria and SK are well organised but relatively unthreatening...

I thought Argentina looked really good against Nigeria, and Messi was nearly sublime (he'd have to have scored to be properly so).

I thought SK were bright and inventive against Greece.

I like the way both teams play for totally different reasons. Could be great. :)

I thought Argentina looked really good against Nigeria, and Messi was nearly sublime (he'd have to have scored to be properly so).

Think we must have been watching a different game. They came out sharp, but looked pretty pedestrian until Nigeria were throwing people forward in search of an equaliser, I thought.

Messi can be neutralised fairly easily if you are prepared to play those tactics. Give him space and your fucked.

Think we must have been watching a different game. They came out sharp, but looked pretty pedestrian until Nigeria were throwing people forward in search of an equaliser, I thought.

I though they looked exciting throughout and probably didn't get the goals they deserved.

S.Korea look quick and direct too.

I thought there was some great movement, and as I said, Messi was superb. He has without doubt the best first touch in the world at the moment.

Messi can be neutralised fairly easily if you are prepared to play those tactics. Give him space and your fucked.

Maybe. Nigeria didn't manage it, though. It was only the save of the tournament so far that stopped him scoring.

Yep, looking forward to this one too, so long as I can find somewhere to watch it. Burmese terrestrial TV suddenly stopped showing live games yesterday, so I'll be trawling 5 star hotels with a fistful of dollars, try to make a single bottle last the whole game.

Back
Top Bottom