Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Golf. Do you hate it?

Do you hate golf?

• Total voters
Don't hate it, just don't care for it. It's certainly the bottom of the pile of sports in my opinion.

Where's the option for don't love it or hate it.

Moonpig bought me a Swing Beginner Course at Urban Golf for xmas, may give it a go.

The whole stereotyping about golf is utter fucking wank though. There are council courses aroun London that q few of the tradesman in our local pub go to. It's not all about clubhouses and poncy wank.

I hate it, but not as much as tennis.

Mainly because golfers just get on with it quietly rather than grunting excessively like what tennis players do.

It's probably just equal, or pulling slightly ahead, of Tennis as my most hated sport. At least Tennis is a sport of sorts, even if it is dominated by well off child prodigies.

Where's the option for don't love it or hate it.

Moonpig bought me a Swing Beginner Course at Urban Golf for xmas, may give it a go.

The whole stereotyping about golf is utter fucking wank though. There are council courses aroun London that q few of the tradesman in our local pub go to. It's not all about clubhouses and poncy wank.

Urban Golf is superb, really good with a few mates and a few beers. Are you going to the soho one?

I really enjoy playing it; hate the culture that surrounds it – and what golf courses do to the countryside for that matter.

I'm torn with this poll.

I've been there twice, both on stags - it gets a fair few boozy groups in, but they've got loads of bays to spread people out.

It's a good way to get started as you cna take as much time as you want and you're not punished for bad shots. You can also just smash the hell out of the ball if you've had a bad day at the office.

I've been there twice, both on stags - it gets a fair few boozy groups in, but they've got loads of bays to spread people out.

It's a good way to get started as you cna take as much time as you want and you're not punished for bad shots. You can also just smash the hell out of the ball if you've had a bad day at the office.

Mrs bought me a 10 lesson voucher, I'll probably do it at lunchtimes and manage to avoid the boozy crowd :)

One thing about the etiquette – etiquitte is really important in golf, and it helps you to put a game in perspective, putting playing the game in the right spirit before winning. In that sense, the etiquette serves a similar purpose to that of martial arts. Just a shame it's enforced by such a bunch of nobs.

What's urban golf?

You play in a bay with a computer-generated and projected course, and the bays have sensors which detect the path of the ball. You hit real golf balls with real clubs (and decent clubs at that, at least in urban golf).

You pick any course you wnat, and the mats you place the ball on are slightly longer if you're in a bunker or in the rough.

Putting is a bit shit though.

So it's kind of golf with the walking bit taken out for extra laziness. A slightly more realistic wii style simulation

Mrs bought me a 10 lesson voucher, I'll probably do it at lunchtimes and manage to avoid the boozy crowd :)

It's good fun, and a perfect palce to learn - although it is expensive (not a problem if it's a gift!)

Without wishing to be the golf bore, I'd always recommend starting with lessons, as it gets you up to speed quicker (so you enjoy it more) and avoids ingraining bad habits.

So it's kind of golf with the walking bit taken out for extra laziness. A slightly more realistic wii style simulation

If you really really wanted, you could do a few press-ups between shots.

Would that keep you happy?

It is essentially a wii game writ large. Hence, it is bloody good fun.

It's good fun, and a perfect palce to learn - although it is expensive (not a problem if it's a gift!)

Without wishing to be the golf bore, I'd always recommend starting with lessons, as it gets you up to speed quicker (so you enjoy it more) and avoids ingraining bad habits.
I'm sure it might be a laugh if you could have some beers as you're doing it, but urban golf really isn't a sport at all then, is it?

How much do you have to pay for this glorified arcade sim?

One thing about the etiquette – etiquitte is really important in golf, and it helps you to put a game in perspective, putting playing the game in the right spirit before winning. In that sense, the etiquette serves a similar purpose to that of martial arts. Just a shame it's enforced by such a bunch of nobs.

Yep, although I would say that most sports have similar codes of etiquette, but which sadly tend to be trampled over.

Some pros do take the piss a little though.

I'm sure it might be a laugh if you could have some beers as you're doing it, but urban golf really isn't a sport at all then, is it?

How much do you have to pay for this glorified arcade sim?

It is not a sport in its own right, no. I thought that was sort of obvious.

You understand cricket nets aren't actually the full game of cricket?

Back
Top Bottom