Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

People who take the Metro with them when they get off the tube

Upchuck

Banned
Banned
Infuriates me this does! IMO it is the ultimate of petty selfishness. It's a free paper ffs - whay take it with you? It's also a communal publication designed to be shared, not selfishly stuffed in a bag or under an arm. I understand people might want to do the crossword later, but ffs rip out the page and leave the rest of the paper. I would prefer to have the opportunity to read a bit of news and have a ripped out page then to have nothing at all.

People, reconsider your selfish twattery.

That is all.

It's not litter ffs. It's a shared paper. Leave it for the next person.

..it's fucking litter. Living at the end of a tube line, I see how much of the shit is left on the Tube.

It's a free paper, not a shared paper.

God you're fucking thick and selfish. Thought you'd fucked off?

What about if they haven't finished reading it? Perhaps they wish to respond to an ad in the classified section. Possibly Mr Madiba.

You should contact Mr Madiba to deal with all your personality related problems, Upchuck.

What about if they haven't finished reading it? Perhaps they wish to respond to an ad in the classified section. Possibly Mr Madiba.

You don't have to finish reading it. You get a look for the duration of your journey. Then you give it up. Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world with any understanding of life's basics.

It's not a 'shared paper', it's a paper that's given away free. A shite one mind.

Someone here at my work picks up 3 from his tram in the morning and leaves them on our coffee table for people who might walk in to read. How d'you like them apples?

It's not a 'shared paper', it's a paper that's given away free. A shite one mind.

Someone here at my work picks up 3 from his tram in the morning and leaves them on our coffee table for people who might walk in to read. How d'you like them apples?

I don't mind that becasue he has kept this private. I would have a problem only if he was reading one on the tube and then goit off with it. That's what irritates me. Having 3 hidden in your bag aint a problem.

How can you be sure that if everyone left there copy on the Tube, they'd all be used again?

You can't.

End result is bags and bags of litter at the end of the line/on the tube.

This annoys me too if it is just to bin them at the top of the escalator. It also annoys me that the tube makes their cleaners go through the train picking up the ones left on seats while those boarding the train scrabble to get to them before they are whisked away.

There should be some arrangement between the tube and the papers where the papers pay for disposal with the money they save by having to print less because they are not getting binned so regularly.

I sometimes take them with me, for the telly pages (if I didn't get the Guardian and the Guide on the previous Saturday), or sometimes for the listings.

So there. :p

I fill in half the sudoku with the wrong numbers to frustrate the next reader :D

Haaha. You are me.

I also like to leave weeks old copies of old newspapers on the tube and watch people think they've hit the jackpot when they score a copy of the Sun or Daily Mail or something. Then see how long it takes them to realise its three weeks old :cool:

Haven't seen a Metro in about 5 years now since not working or living in London anymore.

It was a shite read then, I'd imagine it's even worse now. :)

Haven't seen a Metro in about 5 years now since not working or living in London anymore.

It was a shite read then, I'd imagine it's even worse now. :)

Maybe, but it beats staring at people across the carriage. Also I like to see the sports scores.

I stopped reading it, it was killing my brain. Books only has been my New Year's resolution!

This thread is just Upchuck in another 'getting annoyed over very little' shocker :p

Back
Top Bottom