Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Thurs 5th Nov: Brockwell Park fireworks meet

editor

hiraethified
The annual urban trip to Brockwell Park for the fireworks will be taking place this Thursday.

Meet at Hootenanny from 7pm onwards. Who's in?

Will miss the fireworks for the first time in years....:mad: - but will get to the after-drinks in Hootenanny if they go ahead as usual. :)

What's the story on this folks, are Lambeth doing a bonfire/firework display in the park and Urbanites go along, maybe with their own fireworks?

I'm not great with commitment but, in theory, 7 at the BootaGranny sounds doable :hmm:

This sounds like our plan too.
Fireworks start at 7.30pm so might not make the pub before though.

I'll be there with some friends (it's a friend's birthday) so hope to bump into the urban posse :cool:

I'm not sure whether that's "health and safety grounds" that prevent you taking your own sparklers, or whether it's just so they can sell them to you at inflated prices.

Never been to the one in Brockwell Park before. Blackheath was good a few years back.

We've always brought booze in - mine is always mulled wine in a flask though so maybe that's why we got away with it. :confused:

not being able to bring your own sparklers is mental.
poor kids being denied the chance to play with some sparklers at the fireworks like i am sure we all did as kids.

and booze, if that is true.

We've always brought booze in - mine is always mulled wine in a flask though so maybe that's why we got away with it. :confused:

oh, now you're talking

someone gave me a bottle of buckfast as a (joke) present so we were going to take that... cos drinking buckfast in the park is funny, see? but now I'd rather take mulled wine :cool:

So... no sparklers? What happens... do you get thrown out the park?

How can there be no sparklers? :(

Back
Top Bottom