Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Beach party this weekend?

TopCat

Putin fanboy
I had in in mind that there was a beach party (Fesitival Hall beach) this weekend. Anyone confirm this please? :)

Found it...and it lots goooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddd! :cool:

**FREE PARTY** ** FREE PARTY** **FREE PARTY**

RECLAIM THE BEACH!! You know the deal!
Join us down at the Festival Pier, South Bank
SATURDAY JULY 11th // Tide out: 10pm-4am

Performing LIVE:

KALAKUTA
[Feat. Master Musicians of
Fela Kuta's Africa 70 / Egypt 80]
Performing Legendary Fela Kuti Rhythms.
On Stage/Sand: 1am

SPEAKERS CORNER DJs & MCs
DJs play Original funk, cuban, brazilian, african and every other kind of breaks they can find aswell as a massive healthy dose of Dubstep, Roots, Reggae, Mash Up, Bashment & Dancehall Vibrations to keep the party rocking til' the tide comes in.. Spread the word and bring your peoples through.. Its the best party in town!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=97042200919

We can all swim to keep out of the rain....

or hide under a bridge or something

or just get wet...

and there's more:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/6265/london-bridge-anniversary-fair

In 1209 King John opened old London Bridge. This year marks its 800th anniversary.

The Anniversary Fair is being organised by the Lord Mayor's Appeal.

The bridge will be closed to traffic (between 4am and 8pm) and open to the general public during the day. Visitors will be able to wander the bridge freely and enjoy a whole host of fun activities and entertainment.

These will include demonstrations and exhibitions about the work of the mysteries, crafts and guilds of London. There will be a particular theme of London life at the time of the bridge's opening including medieval education, health, entertainment and crime and punishment.
Liverymen and Freemen will be exercising their ancient 'rights' to drive sheep 'tax free' across the bridge.

It is also possible for non-Freemen to also partake in this ancient right by raising sponsorship (groats). Please see the attached booking form for further information.

Learn more about some of the key events in the history of London Bridge and its links with the church. Southwark Cathedral and St Magnus the Martyr Church will be putting on special displays

I'd be going to that beach party if I wasn't ill, fo'shure :(

Speakers Corner always put on a good party :cool:

I think we're destined to never dance together again pootle :( hope you feel better soon xx

Stupid destiny. I hate it so. I was kinda hoping maybe I've just got a 24hr bug rather than facking swine flu but even in the last hour or so, I've started to feel ropier and now I'm feeling a bit sick *cries*

Maybe I will feel better in 24hrs. Even if not, we should teach destiny a lesson in her stupid face one of these days :mad:

Ha! I told you we'd teach destiny a lesson!

Tonight's beach party has been cancelled and rearranged to the 25th.

Of course, apols to those looking forward to tonight/can't go on 25th, this isn't actually my doing, honest!

Ha! I told you we'd teach destiny a lesson!

Tonight's beach party has been cancelled and rearranged to the 25th.

Of course, apols to those looking forward to tonight/can't go on 25th, this isn't actually my doing, honest!

Witchcraft!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danger!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom