Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

RIP Lawrence (New Park Road greengrocer)

brix

spinster of this parish
Those of you who live around New Park Road will know Lawrence the green grocer, a lovely, generous and kind man. He's been ill for a while with cancer and I'm extremely sad to say that he passed away yesterday.

My thoughts go out to his wife and family. Rest in peace Lawrence, you were an absolutely top bloke who was loved and respected by the community.

Really sad to hear this :(

He was a lovely bloke, and he will be missed by many of us.

RIP Lawrence. X

I noticed they were open today as I came home, so I popped in for a few bits. Apparently the funeral is on Friday, and is open to anyone who wants to go. It leaves New Park Road at 12.30 sharp, and the service is at Norwood Crematorium at 1.00pm.

I told them I'd post it on here.

They will, of course, be closed on friday, plus saturday and sunday, and hope to return to normal opening from next Monday.

I think there will be drinks in the Hand in Hand on Friday after the funeral.

I'll be popping in on Friday evening with some neighbours to raise a glass to Lawrence. Would be good to see other wastelanders in there.

Yes, the guy in there said there'd be "drinks in the Hand" after the service. Not sure waht time though.

You'll be safe though, I'll be at work so I won't be able to join in.

I'm sure that anyone who wanted to come and raise a glass to Lawrence (soft drink or alcohol) would be more then welcome.

I noticed they were open today as I came home, so I popped in for a few bits. Apparently the funeral is on Friday, and is open to anyone who wants to go. It leaves New Park Road at 12.30 sharp, and the service is at Norwood Crematorium at 1.00pm.

I told them I'd post it on here.

They will, of course, be closed on friday, plus saturday and sunday, and hope to return to normal opening from next Monday.
I spoke to them them today they told me leaving the shop at 12.15 sharp for 1pm at the crematorium.Drinks from 2.30 in the Hand.
It sounds like alot of people will be at the crematorium.

Lawrence

Lawrence you were an absolute Gent, and truly one of the funniest men I ever met. My heart goes out to julie and the girls and the rest of the family.
We will give lawrence a great send off on friday. God bless you Lawrence.

I'm sure he had an amazing send-off. We're gonna pop down the Hand in a bit.

I think there will be drinks in the Hand in Hand on Friday after the funeral.

I'll be popping in on Friday evening with some neighbours to raise a glass to Lawrence. Would be good to see other wastelanders in there.

See you there perhaps....

See you there perhaps....

Oh no :( If I'd seen this earlier I'd have gone down a bit later. I'm actually back at home now having gone down straight after work for a couple of drinks in Lawrence's honour.

I'd still recommend going down though. The Hand's more packed than I've ever seen it and there's an almost party atmosphere. It's a brilliant turnout - shows just how much he was loved. Such a shame Lawrence isn't around because he'd have loved it :)

Make sure you check out the photo album they've got set up on a table. Amazing pictures of Lawrence as a young man. He looks so cool :cool:

aaw, shame we didn't catch you. We were there from 6 for a couple of hours.

It was an amazing turnout wasn't it - a fantastic atmosphere for a funeral and a really good send-off.

Lawrence send off

A Truly fantastic send off and well deserved, it was lovely to see everyone there, thank you all from The hand.

There's a nice piece about Lawrence in the South London Press: http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/...eadline=Kids pay tribute to Lawrence McFadden

32732MA14.jpg

Back
Top Bottom