Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Photographs of yourself at musical landmarks...

editor

hiraethified
Allow me to start with a photo of me near Rockaway Beach, Long Island, New York City, circa 1986. I travelled all the way there because of The Ramones and it was, well, frankly shit.

rockaway.jpg

So, who else has travelled miles to a musical landmark?

Excellent thread. Here's me going through mountains of 45s in Randy's Studio, 17 North Parade, Kingston, Jamaica in 1998.

It was incredible. Mountains of original JA vinyl plus two of the old studio engineers bringing me their recommendations and everything was a quid a throw. Posted some large boxes of vinyl home and they all arrived safely.

webrandys.jpg

BTW I also got the taxi driver to take me down to Maxwell Avenue to get a picture of myself outside Channel One studio but when I got out the car all these dangerous looking geezers came at us with machetes and the driver made us run away. :D

Excellent thread. Here's me going through mountains of 45s in Randy's Studio, 17 North Parade, Kingston, Jamaica in 1998.

It was incredible. Mountains of original JA vinyl plus two of the old studio engineers bringing me their recommendations and everything was a quid a throw. Posted some large boxes of vinyl home and they all arrived safely.

webrandys.jpg

jealous :D

Great thread. Just wished I kept photos, especially the one of me standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona.

Such a fine sight to see.

Allow me to start with a photo of me near Rockaway Beach, Long Island, New York City, circa 1986. I travelled all the way there because of The Ramones and it was, well, frankly shit.

rockaway.jpg

love the bouffant, slash. :cool:

my mate had a fabulous photo of himself and a group of friends grinning with thumbs aloft by Jim Morrison's grave, while a number of mournful fans look on in disgust :D

love the bouffant, slash. :cool:
It took vast amounts of Extra Super Hold AquaNet to maintain that look, although in the humid September heat of NY, there were several quiff collapsing disasters on the way, with the spiky black barnet being replaced by (oh the shame!) curls!

Aquanet.jpg

Respect the can, man.

It took vast amounts of Extra Super Hold AquaNet to maintain that look, although in the humid September heat of NY, there were several quiff collapsing disasters on the way, with the spiky black barnet being replaced by (oh the shame!) curls!

Aquanet.jpg

Respect the can, man.

Its not so much the hair as the slashed-to-the-navel shirt that does it for me.

Its not so much the hair as the slashed-to-the-navel shirt that does it for me.
It was indescribably hot, and seeing as I was unwisely wearing an all-black outfit (including wildly impractical winklepicker boots), I had to try and cool down somehow!

It was indescribably hot, and seeing as I was unwisely wearing an all-black outfit (including wildly impractical winklepicker boots), I had to try and cool down somehow!
All-black outfits are always wise. If it was good enough for Johnny Cash....

Haven't travelled thousands of miles to a musical landmark but i did nearly get hit by a car on Penny Lane yesterday. There are, thankfully, no photos.

rockaway.jpg

That's never you :eek:

Back
Top Bottom