Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strawberry Fair, Cambridge (June 7th)

I will be there, if the weather is good :)

Having said that, some of the best fairs have been when it has been lousy weather, but that was when I lived in Cambridge and could go home regularly to dry out and warm up! I don't think I will do that anymore!

Date: Saturday, June 7, 2008
Time: 2:00pm - 8:00pm
Street: Midsummer Common
City/Town: Cambridge, United Kingdom
http://www.strawberry-fair.org.uk/

Who's going?

Isn't it starting with a parade through the town centre this year?

Is it really ending at 8 this year?

In previous years, the stalls have been opened from late morning, with the parade starting at lunchtime and getting to the common about an hour later, when the music kicks off, and it has gone on until about 10pm, with some of the stalls closing later than that....

8pm close is a shame, but they've been getting more and more fussy about "trouble" over the last few years and are keen to crack down on it :(
Still, I should be there... First one in 4 years for me cos I've been away for the last few. Exciting!

The main thing that annoys me about free events in London is the early finish. Shame to see this going the same way.

I went to Unity Day in Hyde Park, Leeds a couple of years back & that was allowed to go on til about midnight. That's the way to do it.

I maybe be going but I think it will be a struggle to get the weekend off work. I went for the scorcher in 2006 and had a wonderful time.

It's in the diary. See if I can make it for the first time.

i might give the stewards your photo and tell them you're a really dodgy and dangerous London bloke who mustn't under any circs, get on to the park. they're so para these days, they'll fall for it. :cool: that'll be a larf won't it. :)

8pm?? the earliest it's ever been before is 10pm.

8 fuckin pm.

that is shit. :(

i might give the stewards your photo and tell them you're a really dodgy and dangerous London bloke who mustn't under any circs, get on to the park. they're so para these days, they'll fall for it. :cool: that'll be a larf won't it. :)

851577_groucho_glasses_1.jpg

I have no plans to ever again be as completely sodden in drugs and alcohol as I was that weekend. :(

Hmm, five days before I'm due to give birth via a cesearian section. If I were somehow feeling very perky (or someone will push me about in a wheelbarrow), I'd be there ;)

Really enjoyed it last year, although having to leave to get the last train back to London was a bit of a bummer. Might try and sort out lodgings this time.

Ran into one of the organisers whilst a bit tipsy the other night. I think I let him rope me into stewarding. I subsequently discovered that they want fancy dress on stewards :mad: I want to help out but I don't want to have to dress up!

8pm?? the earliest it's ever been before is 10pm.

8 fuckin pm.

that is shit. :(

We will just have to make after-party...
There always is one, but it always gets busted before it even starts. Maybe this year the extra 2hrs planning time will play in our favour.

Is it definitely finishing at 8pm? I can't find anything to that effect on the website, and it is such a fundamental change to previous years, that I would have expected them to make a point of it....

i'll probably go again. i usually get REALLY smashed and sit in the same place all day and miss almost everything. I expect to do so again.

Back
Top Bottom