Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

black bean sauce

Biddlybee

making knots with sticks
...is this sauce made from black beans? Or sauce with black beans in it?

Quite fancy some on a stir fry tonight, but want to make it myself - no luck with recipe searches just yet.

Also, they're soya beans not black beans aren't they? :confused:

I'm going to end up buying a packet of sauce aren't I? :D

No, but you're going to end up talking to yourself.
:p

You can buy the right type of black beans from your local oriental superstore

:D

I'll stop in Camberwell on the way home then.

(most recipes online say "tip jar of sauce on stir fry" :rolleyes:)

...is this sauce made from black beans? Or sauce with black beans in it?

Quite fancy some on a stir fry tonight, but want to make it myself - no luck with recipe searches just yet.

Also, they're soya beans not black beans aren't they? :confused:

I'm going to end up buying a packet of sauce aren't I? :D

Yes, it is made from black beans of the chinese variety called "dao see" in Cantonese and not made from soya beans.

You can buy them from Chinese supermarkets. Crush them with some cooking oil and mashed garlic and some chillis if you like it spicy.

Yes, it is made from black beans of the chinese variety called "dao see" in Cantonese and not made from soya beans.

You can buy them from Chinese supermarkets. Crush them with some cooking oil and mashed garlic and some chillis if you like it spicy.
Cheers Lea - will any veg oil do?

They are a, partially, fermented, black bean. If you can get to a good chinese supermarket they come in tubs and last for ages. I used to like the ones with a bit of ginger in. They make the most amazing black bean sauce with a little soy and some garlic, onion, and chinese white wine. Really quick and amazingly tasty.

A decent black bean "sauce" from an Asian supermarket is far removed from the crap you get in the supermarket, so even you're not starting entirely from scratch, you'll get a good result. I've got some which is basically black beans with oil and chilli - a couple teaspoons is all you need and it lasts forever. yum yum!

Found the black beans (salted ones - so I soaked them a bit), squished them with some garlic, ginger, chilli, oil and soy sauce... was lush... and have loads of beans left :)

Back
Top Bottom