Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2008

pagan

Guerilla Gardener
Anyone up for it?

My predictions for 08 are:
The site will expand to encompass most of the neighbouring counties of Wiltshire and Dorset.

Muse headlining Friday (ok, that’s not really my prediction but seems a dead cert)

Kylie headlining Saturday prompting a large gay contingency

Cherry Ghost, The Gossip and Arcade Fire playing the Pyramid stage

30 degree heat every day, thousands being treated for sunstroke and people saying ‘I hope it rains next year’

Damon Albarn doing his Monkey King thang on Sunday morning

Elton John in the old timer slot

WiFi hotspots all over the site

GPS will replace big flags for finding your tent “meet you at 50:22:31 2:31:05W’ will become the new ‘wher are you?’”

People will still complain it’s too big/middle class/white/straight/not as good as it used to be

Couldn't give a shit as long as it doesn't rain. Every Glastonbury I have been to since 97 has rained :(

firky said:
Couldn't give a shit as long as it doesn't rain. Every Glastonbury I have been to since 97 has rained :(

2003 was a nice one, but i had a crap time, so the weather helps, but not always...

I don't mind the rain and I don't really mind the mud all that much. What I do mind is the way it saps your energy. Walking from one place to the next goes from being a stroll in the country to a long slog through the Somme and your only respite is standing to watch a band. If you didn't have the long slog and somwhere to stand you'd dance more, relax, sit about and talk to more people.

I felt really nervous at this Glastonbury for some reason. I couldn't relax properly. :(

Oh yes we're owed a scorcher!!

pagan said:
30 degrees every day:)

:cool:

There are least three threads on Urban entitled 'Glastonbury 2008' -- will this one become the main/official one?

Will it evolve into two threads of 218 (build up) and 35 (aftermath) pages by next June??

:p

It will rain, it will suck the cock of big business, the police will have the right to look up the punters arses.

TopCat said:
It will rain, it will suck the cock of big business, the police will have the right to look up the punters arses.

except Glastonbury doesn't really suck the cock of big business and people who say it does are just trying to justify why they're too old and grumpy to go any more :)

JTG said:
except Glastonbury doesn't really suck the cock of big business and people who say it does are just trying to justify why they're too old and grumpy to go any more :)

word. :cool:

Yer boring Glasto-dodging fools!!! :rolleyes:

spose moose has an excuse, being a grim Northerner ;) Given the 30C temps and constant sunshine in 2008 thing ... ;) :p

I wouldn't like to take a ticket off a deserving spunky teenager with a slow broadband connection...

i really should think about stopping going, but i can;t bear for my last ever one to be a shitfest, so i keep going, hoping this year will be the one to rival 1993, and i can hang up me tent.

....I'm going to be saving cash out me pension for it at this rate:rolleyes:

moose said:
I wouldn't like to take a ticket off a deserving spunky teenager with a slow broadband connection...

I think old upside down head has lost it this time. I mean kids 'can't afford a £14.99 broadband connection but can splash out £150 on a Glasto ticket?' Yeah right..
Oi Eavis, who booked The Who eh?:mad:

I don't want kids there <miserable twat>. Look at the plight of festivals that are in the summer holidays.... AAAHH!

Not gonna bother. More likely to be shitty weather than not, and it's too damn big. A handful of smaller festivals will be a better use of my time and money, I think.

Back
Top Bottom