Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glade 2007 20-22 July

Fucking bollocks. :(
It was a good festival too. What a total shame.
Crap.
Put a downer on a nice Friday too :(
BLERGH :mad:

I enjoyed the first glade I went to (2005) but last years I was really put off by the Security, to the point that I didn't think I'd bother to go again.

Who needs a bunch of psy trance trustafarians anyway? :D

Bring on Glastonbury!

I'd recently heard that the organisers, or someone, had fucked up some aspect of the licence application paperwork (I've now read Tort's link and understand better) but even in that Newbury Today story, it doesn't look like a definite cancellation. I'd never heard that it was up til now.

So the possibility of it being reinstated must be a relief for those who want to go .,..

Fingers crossed for you.

if its really cancelled that sucks - i was looking foward to going this year, its shortly after i turn 18

Whats going on with that 07.07.07 Antiworld festie? Is it still a goer?

I think Glade 07 will still happen. Most people seem to think this aplication failure is only temporary.

article mentions something about the time it would take to get a re-application approved would mean they only had 2 months to arrange the whole thing once given the definite go ahead. Fingers crossed and that but it sounds like they're scuppered - 2 months isn't enough time.

david dissadent said:
On Efests are reporting that a conversation with an orginiser today they stated it was deffinently going ahead.

Just checked this over there.

editor of efestivals said:
I just spoke to Luke [Piper, festival organiser], and he assures me that that story is incorrect, and that it's DEFINITELY going ahead, on 20/21/22 July

It's possible Mr Piper is being overoptimistic about how quickly he and his co-organisers can get a renewed licence applicatiuon together (I take PieEye's point on that).. But I suppose his confidence means there's more than a little hope, and that contradicts the impression given in that Newbury Today story that the Glade's cancellation is a near definite.

Yeah its not dead just on life support. I am now giving alot of thought to ditching Glade and Womad this year and doing Sziget instead.

Ill have a descion this weekend as transport is still kinda cheep.

Functional Biff (one of the Glade organisers and Breaksday head honcho) is also on record as saying that the article is inaccurate:

Biff speaks

This knock-back was known about for two weeks, it's being dealt with and there's no sign of them throwing in the towel just yet. But all someone has to do is post a link from a local rag (with a history of wrong predictions about Glade***) and mass panic breaks out on the internet! :D

It is a setback obviously - delays affect bookings, equipment hire etc - but not an insurmountable one.

Nick Ladd, another organiser, has been talking of Devon as a fallback option in case Wasing falls through anyway. A couple of other things - he says there'll be a techno tent and the Roots Tent, which is about the origins of dance music and will have a big element of live bands.

*** The Newbury Weekly News also confidently told its readers that Glade 2006 wouldn't happen... and it sorta did.

as i was saying to art of fact yesterday when you see the obligatory media hysteria of illegal rave horror this summer is it any wonder? look what happens when you try and do things legally. Just get's harder and harder. Does this country not realise we're a world leader in dance music, something to celebrate surely?

Whoah, had me panicking there for a moment!

Hopeefully all goes well as apart from one or two minor incidents re: the security i encountered last year it was brilliant! :D :cool:

Back
Top Bottom