Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's not awful, but it's clearly my dream to have a massive pop act at Glasto.

In a dream world, Britney Spears and Madonna would be there, but that ain't never going to happen. The Sugababes were blimmin' brilliant when they played a few years ago, and it was good to see some indie whingers being won round by the power of pop :cool:

We need something to look forward to :cool:

was moaning about how much I would miss it this year last night. :(

Kylie wouldn't put me off :D

please don't let this be a re-run of the dumbfuck "Kylie's a clueless pop slut" style thread we had last time this happened. It brought some very nasty people out of the woodwork, i seem to recall :(

personally i don't want to see kylie. but i almost never watch more than one of the headliners anyway, so shite pop or some indie or shite dadrock, it's all the same. i'd be deeply disappointed though if pootle's "let's turn it into a mainstream pop festival" idea took off. i like the brazen eclecticism of glastonbury and i think having nothing but chart pop on the main stages would really fuck it up.

I agree with its not about the music, and never did I suggest bees would be watching for her music ability :D

bluestreak said:
i'd be deeply disappointed though if pootle's "let's turn it into a mainstream pop festival" idea took off. i like the brazen eclecticism of glastonbury and i think having nothing but chart pop on the main stages would really fuck it up.

There'd be drums and bass and hip hop too! ;) They'd be no bloody Black Eyed Peas though :mad:

But seriously now Ted, I don't think I was saying that I did want to turn into a mainstream pop festival, did I? I was just mentioning a couple of acts which would make me very happy :p

I'm as much a fan of brazen eclecticism as the next man. Or flump

With the festival being so big, Kylie will help keep some of the piss head who are you looking at types away from where I'm having my festival. I can then relax and enjoy mine.

On another front I am more worried about reducing the getting a ticket stress that will build in the next year. Should I start the getting a 2007 ticket thread yet?

Glasto vibes to everyone except the piss head who broke my pill last summer just as I was coming up (on the said pill). :)

(edited to reduce horrible images induced by the absence of the word up)

"Glasto vibes to everyone except the piss head who broke my pill last summer just as I was coming. "

SHIT.

I was always told read what I wrote.

Please add UP to end of line.

I did have more pills but the dodgy agressive piss head next to me just brought my mood so down I didn't have enough pills to counteract it. :-(

19sixtysix said:
"I did have more pills but the dodgy agressive piss head next to me just brought my mood so down I didn't have enough pills to counteract it. :-(

I really wish you'd broken down in tears and screamed, "you broke my pill you fucker!!!" at him :D

Dubversion said:
please don't let this be a re-run of the dumbfuck "Kylie's a clueless pop slut" style thread we had last time this happened. It brought some very nasty people out of the woodwork, i seem to recall :(

it sure did.

as much as i love kylie, i dunno if i'd go just cos she was playing. i'd have to see who else was playing.

I have no problem kylie being there but i really would perfer if well someone good got to headline. Kylie strikes me as more of a 4pm job rather then a lets get mashed/pissed up at the end of the night type deal.

dave

i want to go to glastonbury next year, but i dont necessarily want to take madge

is that wrong? :confused:

<sits in bad mother corner>

I take it Madge is your child, rather than you being Mrs Ritchie's mum?

And no, of course it doens't make you a bad mother. Personally, I'd hate to take a child to a festival, and I'd question the wisdom of taking some children to certain festivals altogether. At least Glasto has dedicated family areas, and stuff for kids to do, but you still have to supervise them an' stuff.

I'd say it makes you a baaaaad (meaning good) mum wanting to go to Glasto tbh!

Rollem said:
i want to go to glastonbury next year, but i dont necessarily want to take madge

is that wrong? :confused:

<sits in bad mother corner>

*takes you out of bad mother corner and takes you to glasto*

Glastonbury has to sort out the entrance and exit procedures.. taking about 5 hours (I'm optomistic) to get in and out a place is simply ridiculous... there must be some way around it.

:confused:

pootle said:
but you still have to supervise them an' stuff.
thats the thing

i wanna go have my usual glastonbury time ;) and i dont know as i would be in a fit state to supervise :D

but on the other hand, its a long time for her to be apart from me and her daddy (taking recovery time into consideration....) and also i know she would love glasto!

we shall see....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom