Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

ian mackaye on tour in the uk this month!

:cool:
Gonna see him in Cambridge on Monday...
Hes managed to ban smoking in the venue for the gig(!), but they wouldn't let him ban booze...

Heh, one quick email to Mr K and *whoops* tickets for Nottingham are booked. Home by 10.30 too, now that's rock'n'roll!

Well, it was an awesome gig! :)
Great show, lovely chat from Ian and Amy.
Yabbered at them for a while afterwards, they're so nice!
Yeah, it was generally excellent, Ian half lost his voice a few songs in, so the whole thing was slightly more raw and "grrrr" than their recordings, which was good. They played a wonderful rendition of "You Won't Feel a Thing" and we had some meaningful audience participation for "Mt. Pleasant Isn't"... :cool:

Go see them if you can!

Yeah, last night was one of the best gigs I've been to, ever. The songs really came alive. And although I'd always appreciated the musicianship, actually seeing Amy drumming made me realise just how inventive and precise she is, and how very charismatic.

Obviously there was the token disgruntled Fugazi fan there who kept shouting for Fugazi songs even though he was actually seeing a different band :rolleyes: and Ian does go on a bit - he seemed a bit nonplussed that we were all sat down quietly, and kept trying to incite the audience when all everyone wanted to do was listen. But totally top class gig.

The guys that put it on (DamnYou) seem like they've got their heads screwed on as well - they produce original posters for each gig, really inventive artwork, and they've got Lightning Bolt coming up in May as well.

May Kasahara said:
Obviously there was the token disgruntled Fugazi fan there who kept shouting for Fugazi songs even though he was actually seeing a different band :rolleyes:
I remember when Fugazi first toured the UK, and there were plenty of people shouting for Minor Threat songs.

I was one of them

Back
Top Bottom