Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

All hail Simon Grayson

tangerinedream

Density of Sound
I know Urban as whole doesn't care but here goes.

I didn't go to the game last night as I am skint (I go to most home games, LDV etc included, but stupidly didn't invest in season ticket when I had the cash) but I am floating on air today.

Mr Grayson is doing a splendid job, taking over after Colin Hendry, he inherited a squad that hadn't been strengthened in summer, had no confidence and playing the most god awful hoofball I've ever seen. A massive task for a man given 'temporary charge' and in his first appoitment.

Last night as I listened to the commentry, some of the pride and love for my team came back, it was like Hendry had never been there. Simon has brought in 8 players and shipped out some of the deadwood. 8 players! What's more impressive is half of them are permanent signings and a few more are season long deals.

We have gone in the space of two month from a dire side, with no imagination and entertainment to a side that possesses player who can pass, players who can score and players who you can warm to. We have looked like actually deserving results for the first time since 2004. The players we all know are good we already had are playing for Grayson. We pass the ball on the floor, use wingers and actually have more than one attack a game!

We will struggle still I think, we won't have a meteoric rise or anything, but I for one feel so much more positive about things and though I recognise very few posters actually give a toss about the affairs of the seasiders, those people who say things like 'it's been grim being a *insert name of team in champions league* fan, really should get the 'Hendry Years' DVD and imagine watching that week in, week out, then watch a few of our Grayson performances and you will understand why I make this declaration of delight.

A win under Hendry generally involved getting a goal, then hanging on for grim life or hoping the other team were so off form they couldn't score. Last night we deserved more than 4 and several draws so far really should have been wins. Under Hendry, Bloomfield was depressing, now their is an air of expectancy and hope I had forgotten existed. I had forgotten it was possible to enjoy the game.

Results have not gone our way in any spectacular way but things are looking so much brighter.

The future is bright - the future is tangerine

0,,10432~2835611,00.jpg
God celebrates the fourth.

Great to have t'Pool back in "Div 2" Great day out for us which we are looking forward to already. Bloomfield Rd was my very first away game a sa young Stokie in those heady first division days [Tony Green ??] ........ anyway look forward to the trip !! Well Done !! ;)

Up the Potters !!

tangerinedream said:
I know Urban as whole doesn't care but here goes.

I didn't go to the game last night as I am skint (I go to most home games, LDV etc included, but stupidly didn't invest in season ticket when I had the cash) but I am floating on air today.

Mr Grayson is doing a splendid job, taking over after Colin Hendry, he inherited a squad that hadn't been strengthened in summer, had no confidence and playing the most god awful hoofball I've ever seen. A massive task for a man given 'temporary charge' and in his first appoitment.

Last night as I listened to the commentry, some of the pride and love for my team came back, it was like Hendry had never been there. Simon has brought in 8 players and shipped out some of the deadwood. 8 players! What's more impressive is half of them are permanent signings and a few more are season long deals.

We have gone in the space of two month from a dire side, with no imagination and entertainment to a side that possesses player who can pass, players who can score and players who you can warm to. We have looked like actually deserving results for the first time since 2004. The players we all know are good we already had are playing for Grayson. We pass the ball on the floor, use wingers and actually have more than one attack a game!

We will struggle still I think, we won't have a meteoric rise or anything, but I for one feel so much more positive about things and though I recognise very few posters actually give a toss about the affairs of the seasiders, those people who say things like 'it's been grim being a *insert name of team in champions league* fan, really should get the 'Hendry Years' DVD and imagine watching that week in, week out, then watch a few of our Grayson performances and you will understand why I make this declaration of delight.

A win under Hendry generally involved getting a goal, then hanging on for grim life or hoping the other team were so off form they couldn't score. Last night we deserved more than 4 and several draws so far really should have been wins. Under Hendry, Bloomfield was depressing, now their is an air of expectancy and hope I had forgotten existed. I had forgotten it was possible to enjoy the game.

Results have not gone our way in any spectacular way but things are looking so much brighter.

The future is bright - the future is tangerine

0,,10432~2835611,00.jpg
God celebrates the fourth.

Was at a function at Leicester City last night where Simon Grayson was one of the guests (all players who won Coca Cola Cup for Leicester in '87).

He rated Sunday's game the greatest moment of his career.

Well done, Blackpool !

London_Calling said:
*no idea what this is about*

Can we have a more descriptive title, please?

He used to have a catchphrase "Ooh shut that door" and did The Generation Game. I think it's in the wrong forum.:)

Well Blackpool seem to be doing enough to keep out of real trouble so Grayson must be doing something right. I hope they keep it up 'cos I've had a little bit of a soft spot for them since the days of Stanley Matthews - I was a very (very) young boy then.

I hope he keeps them up but the sad fact of modern day football is that if he does a good job Blackpool will lose him to a bigger club. That's just the way it seems to work these days.

Back
Top Bottom