Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Barcelona

Leon

Marmite Warrior
Off to Barcelona on Monday with the girlf, anyone got any suggestions on places to go?

Never been there before in my life.

You could try checking out the other Barcelona threads, one of which is on this page.

Press 'search' type in 'Barcelona' and away you go.

Don't people do "search forum" before posting these days? :confused:

Can't be arsed typing up the same info on Bcn that I've posted about three times this summer.

mrkikiet said:
well the weather is currently shit. unlucky.

I was there this last weekend and weather was excellent mid 70`s - 80 ,rained yday morning but by lunchtime sun was out again. Forecast is for the same next few days.

if the weather is shit you just spend more time in the bars anyway , its a no lose deal.

Last time we were in Barcelona, it fucking tipped it down one evening...

I couldn't actually SEE where I was going, it was raining so much!

Still, the rest of the time was sunny and hot, so it was quite nice to some degree.

rubbershoes said:
and don't go out to eat till very late or you'll be dining in an empty restaurant

What time would you say? I only went out for a meal once or twice, but both times it was fairly quiet. I just thought we'd picked the dead places.

No matter where you go its impossible not to have a good time there

The touristo buses are great value for getting from place to place

Olympic stadium on Montjuic, walking down from here through the syuff they built for the exhibition, the whole mountain's nice.

Parc Guell.

Just walk across the city if you have time to spare.

Here we go said:
What time would you say? I only went out for a meal once or twice, but both times it was fairly quiet. I just thought we'd picked the dead places.

When we went we didn't go out for our meal at night until about 9.30, which is when it starts to fill up.

I recommend Montserrat, which is about an hour outside Barcelona. Well worth the trip. It's a huge rock with a monastery halfway up.

You get the cable car half way, and then the funicular railway right to the top. Pretty cool views, including the Pyrenees in the distance

But a word of warning - make sure you check what time the last funicular railway is! We didn't, and a fairly 'hilarious' tale ensued involving us having to climb over the gate, and then physically climb down the entire funicular railway, which was a nervewracking experience!

Back
Top Bottom