Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

75-year-old widow to be flogged

Skin

From Bristol
:mad:

The sentencing of a widow to 40 lashes for mingling with two young men (one her nephew) has sparked new criticism of Saudi Arabia.

She had asked them to bring her five loaves of bread.

The religious police arrested the men!

If you ask me it's the religious police who need a good flogging! :mad:

Independant

I wonder what kind of vice they expected a 75-year-old woman to get up to? What pervy minds it would take to even think anything unsavory was going on.

Saudi Arabia's strict interpretation of Islam prohibits men and women who are not immediate relatives from mingling and women from driving.

The playing of music, dancing and many movies also are a concern for hard-liners who believe they violate religious and moral values.
Fuck religion and fuck all the sad twisted cunts who impose their oppressive shit on others.

A pointless rant, I agree, but it had to come out.

Back on topic: I wonder if any of these "judges" have considered the fact that 40 lashes is likely a death sentence for a 75 year old? It's quite plainly bizarre.

I didn't see even one that had a fox girl costume.

now that is a crime worthy of 40 lashes

unfortunately the comic surrealism of this sentence has simply overloaded my brain and i can't muster any empathy because my brain is rejecting the proposal that this is actually reality and not some phythonesqe sketch. seriously i can't actually bring myself to believe this is true i'm waiting for someone to shout surprise or bring up a link to snoopes. i haven't felt so alienated from humanity since i stayed up all night watching jerry springer

now that is a crime worthy of 40 lashes

unfortunately the comic surrealism of this sentence has simply overloaded my brain and i can't muster any empathy because my brain is rejecting the proposal that this is actually reality and not some phythonesqe sketch. seriously i can't actually bring myself to believe this is true i'm waiting for someone to shout surprise or bring up a link to snoopes. i haven't felt so alienated from humanity since i stayed up all night watching jerry springer

It's like something Kafka decided to write, but rejected for being too farfetched.

Fuck religion and fuck all the sad twisted cunts who impose their oppressive shit on others.

A pointless rant, I agree, but it had to come out.

Wrong Ed.

Fuck EXTREMES of religion.
No such laws in this Muslim country and no bugger ever thinks about it. :)

I'll agree it's a pointless rant as these types will just carry on anyway. :)

No, actually fuck religion.

All religion.

Though addmittedly this is an extreme case of the resultant fuckwittery.

I thought the nephew would count as immediate family and thus permitted to be around her.

Very odd story. With that and those girls who were left to die rather than being rescued from their burning school, I'm surprised the country hasn't descended into civil war.

Back
Top Bottom