Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Captain Beefheart is dead

peel used to play him a lot. it was a while before i saw an actual record of his, so i used to think his name was Captain Bee Fart

RIP Don

Fucking hell I'm sad about this...:mad:

My absolut #1 favourite album of 1978:

1249287279_capt_beef_shiny_f.jpg

...the perfect antidote to the vapid, poseur postcard punks of the era

Rest in peace you magnificent bat chain puller

(((very very sad)))

Ah shit. He was truly fucking great. Can't say any more than that right now but here's one of his more accessible moments that I've always loved.

RIP Don. You were fucking unique.

definitely would like to add my respects too
what a genius and what a band
sure he'll still be looking on from his
i made a little tune called 'tribute to beefheart' a few years back - its here if anyone is interested http://www.terraincognita.co.uk/musik/Tribute to Beefheart.mp3 at first you may think whats this got to do with beefheart, but it all becomes clear soon enough. obviously nothing close to the genius of them, but a personal tribute nonetheless.

Rip Captain. Made some brilliant music and some downright weird stuff too.

Eh? he was 69, that's not young.

It was a good age considering his condition perhaps....but nowadays am so used to hearing about the Blake Edwards age group leaving us....80's sound usual...60's don't.

It was a good age considering his condition perhaps....but nowadays am so used to hearing about the Blake Edwards age group leaving us....80's sound usual...60's don't.

Life expectancy for US males is 75. Loads of people die in their 60s.

been up all night putting this together
bouncey.gif

magic_band.jpg

Don Magic - Tribute to Beefheart

Well
Skeleton Makes Good
25th Century Quaker
The Witch Doctor Life
Sun Zoom Spark
Safe as Milk
Seam Crooked Sam
Dali's Car
Drink Paint Run Run
Bat Chain Puller
Call on Me
Her Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles
Observatory Crest

linky link link

TO: Sweet Prince Van Vliet:

I'm presently so fucking upset I can't even tropical hot dog night :facepalm: :confused:. Never happened to me before....

Anyways, thanks for everything you utterly massive motherfucker. Thanks for making my 70's high school/uni days all about art, drink, and self expression, not about how much fucking shit we can put into our hair to sculpt a poseur mohawk

Thanks. Just thanks.

(((wipes tears)))

e2a @ska invita

icon14.gif

DRINK

PAINT

RUN

RUN

(((Sweet dreams Don)))

Back
Top Bottom