Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

URBURN REMIXED - Jungle/DnB mix CD sharing fun!

exleper

is on your ignore list
URBURN Remixed -
Jungle/Drum n Bass

from the original thread here

HOW IT WORKS:
  • Interested in joining the fun, and getting two different CDs of Jungle/DnB from urbanites selected at random?
  • Then PM me your name and address (with 'Urburn Remixed' in the subject line) by JULY 18th
  • I will then randomly assign two urbanites to every participant, and PM everyone their addresses.
  • In a perfect world, everyone therefore sends two cool CDs, and everyone recieves two cool CDs!
NOTES:
  • If you have received nothing by JULY 29th, PM me and I will make enquiries.
  • If there's still nothing by AUGUST 12th, I will post the dreaded 'name and shame' list.
  • Please note: this is a themed Urburn, and so random mixes are not allowed. Please restrict your CDs to Jungle/Drum n Bass - none of ya indie crap!
  • However, any mild variants of Jungle or DnB are allowed - Old skool, Liquid, raggacore, Jump Up, even breakbeat hardcore...Try and make your CD a good frothy mixture of examples of the genre.
  • You can do a proper mixey type thing, a compilation of single tunes, or even a messy mashup of excerpts for mixes, but no mp3 CDs please (that means you, jrj2020!) The CD you make should be an audio CD for a CD player, a'ight?

A small suggestion - think twice about including mainstream stuff like 'Brown Paper Bag' or 'The Nine'. As this is a themed urburn there's likely to be repetition, so try and go for something different and interesting instead of well-known and obvious.

Also, because this is themed, it may be that we don't have enough for two CDs each...I'll decide when all the PMs are in.

Right....let's get to it!

List of participants:
1 exleper
2 jrj2020
3 Flavour
4 spacemonkey
5 top biller
6 topaz
7 WWWeed
8 zog
9 bristle-krs
10 ddraig
11 chegrimandi
12 milesy
13 hiccup

just jungle?

not any other dance music genres?

wait for it

wait for it

TECHNO-PHOBE-IST!!!!

:p

other........other types of.....dance music?

*DOES NOT COMPUTE*
%^%&^&"&%&^"&^&%^&%
*DOES NOT COMPUTE*
%^%&^&"&%&^"&^&%^&%
*DOES NOT COMPUTE*

:p

sorry to sound a bit thick and not read the tread properly but... well you know....

do I make two different mixs or just one thats copied ?

It's up to you, it really is.

If you fancy a bit of variety, then go for it, but because your CDs go to two completely different and random urbanites, it doesn't matter if they're both the same. :)

Mines a Mix set, One of my best mixes for a while too ;) . If I get round to it I'll do a tracklisting. exleper The mix is on cd and ready to send out....

BUMP-L.gif

ok add me to the list

if someone can tell me how to plug decks into a pc via mixer to record wav file then i'll have a pop, if not it will be a selection of choice tracks :)
ta

who do i have to pm again :p

75 minutes of tear out pre-millenium jungle recorded to compact disc last night. I had two different neighbours complain about the noise. How long's left?

It would seem 9 days. Enough time to make it a double CD in true jungle compilation style. Now wheres that General Levy track.......

oh come onnnn! I've changed the tracks on the cd about 100 times in the last week alone... just looking for that *perfect* mix :)

Mixed Part II of my double CD, gets a bit darker in the middle and very pissed off that Spiritual Aura wasn't in it's sleeve when I went to play it as the last tune of the mix. Had to make a hasty alternative choice which I'm not as happy about. Oh well, got another bang on the floor from the people in the flat below.

I might do another one tonight once I've located Spiritual Aura, lots of tunes that missed the cut which deserve to be played.

I almost don't want to include the tracklist so there's an element of surprise, like chopping in a bar of the incoming tune and watching to see if the crowd recognises it.

How many people signed up to this? Seems that interest has wained, I even had to go to page 3 to find the thread the other day....

........Junglists are you reaady?

what we've done in the other urburns is include the tracklist in a sealed envelope so you the recipient can open it after they've listened... seems like theres 10/11 people involved - the true dnb heads/junglists of the boards :D

and exleper, i'd love to see you enforce a £30 fine one me! I probably already owe you at least that much...

Thats a good idea. I was going to suggest post the tracklist up here a few days later, but your idea is better.

Lord-a-mercy.

Back
Top Bottom