Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So how's it going in Poland then?

tbaldwin

the experts are morons
R.I.P.
Clever people have told me time and time again that migration is good for the countries that see nearly all of their skilled workers migrating to richer countries. So i wonder if any of them can give us some stats on what the situation is like in Poland?
I would be so very grateful.....

On a serious note Poland has very high unemployment anyway, and has a particular problem with 'hidden unemployment'.

Many of the young Poles working here wouldnt be able to get work at home anyway.

How's it going in Poland?

Well, if you're gay or a woman seeking an abortion you're completely fucked. Plus, where did you get the idea that 'most of their skileld workers' have left? Do you have numbers to support this rather wild assertion that all Polands Drs, lawyers, architects, teachers etc have left to come to Western Europe (which if you think of Europe in the same way one thinks of say China, India or America is essentially people moving from one locale to another within a larger economic entity.

Regardless, where are your stats to support the assertion that all the skileld labour has left Poland?

kyser_soze said:
Regardless, where are your stats to support the assertion that all the skileld labour has left Poland?

Not what i said....Any of you people interested in stats see Yesterdays Guardian?

ViolentPanda said:
...and tbaldwin posts yet another immigration-related thread.

plus ça change...

You like Stats VP....Think you must have cooked up a few for your old bosses Micheal and Anne at the Home Office...You Libertarian you......
So maybe you can check what % of threads i have started have been on immigration?
Just so we can be quite clear about it!

Belushi said:
On a serious note Poland has very high unemployment anyway, and has a particular problem with 'hidden unemployment'.

Many of the young Poles working here wouldnt be able to get work at home anyway.

Except for seasonal agricultural work, or, as in the days of the Iron Curtain, "makework" digging ditches, re-surfacing roads etc.

tbaldwin said:
You like Stats VP....Think you must have cooked up a few for your old bosses Micheal and Anne at the Home Office...You Libertarian you......
You really are a bitter little tossrag, aren't you? :)
So maybe you can check what % of threads i have started have been on immigration?
Why would I want to do that, unless you were paying me to?
Just so we can be quite clear about it!
I am clear.
If you don't know your own writings well enough to know just how often the subject of immigration comes up in your posts then there's something wrong with you besides stupidity.

tbaldwin said:
Not what i said....Any of you people interested in stats see Yesterdays Guardian?

Would that be the same Guardian that you've been very rude about and talked about how it publishes a load of shit?

ViolentPanda said:
Would that be the same Guardian that you've been very rude about and talked about how it publishes a load of shit?

Out of all the papers i prefer the Guardian myself...Even though i do have to laugh at some of the right wing shit they print....

Apparently I hear that Poland is experiencing economic immigration from Korea to fill the vacancies there. Apparently wages in Poland are brilliant compared to Korea.

Cant find /remember source/link but it was in the news late last year.

So none of the people who love stats have come up with anything yet to justify supporting free market policies on migration....Ooooh thats ODD.

poland has a big influx of ukrainians & belarusians at the moment, and they are treated/looked upon exactly the same as people in the uk look upon poles, just one big chain

tbaldwin said:
So none of the people who love stats have come up with anything yet to justify supporting free market policies on migration....Ooooh thats ODD.

Migration exists. Get over it.
Are you prepared to tell working class families not to migrate in order to find work and benefit their families?
Capitalism is international.
World Labour is international.
Wages are lower in some parts of the world than it is in others.
Capitalists by their very nature will exploit this. So if there is a reserve of cheap surplus labour ,anywhere in the world, the capitalist will use it regardless of their nationality.

Whats the point of quoting stats. Just walk onto a building site in London or onto a farm in Sussex and you will see 'nationalist' employers flying the flag by employing cheap east european labour.Thatis your 'stats'.
Attack the capitalist , not the worker.

tbaldwin said:
Clever people have told me time and time again that migration is good for the countries that see nearly all of their skilled workers migrating to richer countries. So i wonder if any of them can give us some stats on what the situation is like in Poland?
I would be so very grateful.....

I should think that by now, there's just a million terminally stupid people left, unable to do anything useful, apart from watching shit local politicians ranting on about their nasty prejudices against queers and that. In Polish.

All the smart Poles are in London, fixing up my houses, looking after my sister's kids, and pulling pints.

;)

Giles..

nightbreed said:
Migration exists. Get over it.
Are you prepared to tell working class families not to migrate in order to find work and benefit their families?
Capitalism is international.
World Labour is international.
Wages are lower in some parts of the world than it is in others.
Capitalists by their very nature will exploit this. So if there is a reserve of cheap surplus labour ,anywhere in the world, the capitalist will use it regardless of their nationality.

Whats the point of quoting stats. Just walk onto a building site in London or onto a farm in Sussex and you will see 'nationalist' employers flying the flag by employing cheap east european labour.Thatis your 'stats'.
Attack the capitalist , not the worker.

But who benefits from the free market in Labour?
Is it workers who have to leave behind friends and families or is it Giles and his Sister?

Fruitloop said:
It's the fucking capitalists you moron.

Yeah thats what i thought. But its always nice to get clarification from a public school leftie like your good self.

I didn't go to public school, as I've explained to you before. I went to a music school. For two years. On a scholarship. Other than that I am a product of the NZ state-school system.

You are a snidey little cunt though, aren't you. Are your politics such a joke that you have to resort to trying to get a rise out of people with this ad-hominem shit? Silly question, of course they are.

Fruitloop said:
I didn't go to public school, as I've explained to you before. I went to a music school. For two years. On a scholarship. Other than that I am a product of the NZ state-school system.

Oops Sorry. What i should have said was...."Its always good to get clarification from a private school leftie like yourself"

I fail to see how my two years at music school impinge on the issue, any more than the two years that I didn't go to school at all.

Interestingly I was amazed when I first went to Poland about 12 years ago how subsidized the concerts and theatre were, and how correspondingly varied the audiences were. Not like here, where the arts are more or less exclusively a social club for posh people.

Sadly since Poland has become a more capitalistic place this phenomenon is mostly a thing of the past.

Fruitloop said:
What kind of band is it?

Twisted and Bitter....Mostly really good covers of great songs by people like Ken Dodd and Cilla Black in an angry art school punk sort of way.

Back
Top Bottom