Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

WTF! Look what they've done to the Coach & Horses/Living Bar

editor

hiraethified
Can they really have got planning permission to do this to such a fine old building?

coach-and-horses.jpg

But it's not permanent and at least the building's being used. I don't mind it - it's like a bit of the market that's creeped out onto Coldharbour Lane.

There was prob a laminated thingy on the nearest lampost talking about what they were going to do and giving options for objections. DID NO ONE DO THIS?!

Was already mentioned in another thread.
What thread? Was there a pic? I think this deserves its own thread anyway.
But it's not permanent and at least the building's being used. I don't mind it - it's like a bit of the market that's creeped out onto Coldharbour Lane.
Have you no regard for the architecture, dear man? They've just drilled great big holes into the tiled frontage to slap on that carbuncle of an awning.

There was prob a laminated thingy on the nearest lampost talking about what they were going to do and giving options for objections. DID NO ONE DO THIS?!
I pass by their often and didn't see anything and there was certainly nothing posted up on the front of the building where everyone could see it.

i walk past there all the time and i never noticed anything.

i guess at least the building's being used, but how can there be any money in another fish/meat shop in central brixton?

i feel sorry for the neighbours who will now have fishy flats.

I'm not all that bothered by the awning (hopefully that neon red will fade with time) - but the placard/board above it is a shocker - it's not flush with the side of the building, the colour scheme's a dog's breakfast and the typography isn't up to much either.

Shame, as with more sympathetic colour scheme & type, even this awning & nameboard combo from hell could have been made victorianesque.

More halal? Can't we have a 'normal' butchers in Brixton somewhere without having to get it from the supermarket?

Believe it or not, some people do actually still like pork.

More halal? Can't we have a 'normal' butchers in Brixton somewhere without having to get it from the supermarket?

Believe it or not, some people do actually still like pork.

0.0000/10
why don't you fuck off to a normal town with normal people then :mad:

There's loads of places that still do pork - the big wholesaler (Dombeys?) in the covered market, the two latin american butchers and O Talho.

Honestly AJ, you really are a repetitive (and unobservant) berk. Your unbalanced obsession against halal meat is a little unpleasant tbh.

There's loads of places that still do pork - the big wholesaler (Dombeys?) in the covered market, the two latin american butchers and O Talho.

Honestly AJ, you really are a repetitive (and unobservant) berk. Your unbalanced obsession against halal meat is a little unpleasant tbh.

Yeah, Dombeys do pork for cheap. For what it matters.

Decent outside reared British pork too - I can recommend the pork belly, especially if they cut a (bone-toting) chunk from the back for you.

Their sausages taste great, but they look like they've been made by a clumsy one armed guy wearing a mitten..

Course it doesn't, unless you've some weird belief that you can taste the neck cut or the presence of ethnic hands on your bangers.

It's just AJ being a bigoted plum, again.

In my experience no, although halal chicken has a slightly different look when it's uncooked. Lots of restaurants use halal meat for obvious reasons, meat eaters probably eat it all the time without noticing.

I do think the main problem is that the sign doesn't match the awning, so it just looks uneven. If they'd levelled it up a bit then it would look a lot better. It just looks a bit messy.

According to the Lambeth planning database there has been no recent application for signage or anything else. The latest associated document is an enforcement notice dated 01/09/2006 detailing the illegal removal of the first floor windows and the illegal installation of air con units and flues.

Did you see one then?

I certainly didn't and I pass by there most days and would certainly have looked at such a notice.

According to the Lambeth planning database there has been no recent application for signage or anything else. The latest associated document is an enforcement notice dated 01/09/2006 detailing the illegal removal of the first floor windows and the illegal installation of air con units and flues.
So it looks like it has been slapped up without permission?

Sounds like a job for lang rabbie!

I guess it depends on whether you need planning permission for such work...

I'm no expert on this, but I would have thought you needed some sort of permission to put that stuff up.

Back
Top Bottom