Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why I am leaving Goldman Sachs

Kanda

Diving wanker
How the fuck does one guy's rant about his employer get a story in 'the world's greatest newspaper'?

ive freelanced at goldmans before. its no more or no less shit than any other organisation ive ever worked for.

GS exec resigns by writing an article for NYT

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/opinion/why-i-am-leaving-goldman-sachs.html?pagewanted=1&_r=3&hp

Hope he handed back all his stock options & bonuses as he feels sooooooooooo guilty... :D

Exec Dir - prob a clever geezer
Still took him 12 years to realise he was part of Hedgie merely disguised as a bank
Reminds me of T**ai in the old days when Alan H****d was there before he set up his own hedgie and fucked off to Switzerland

Reminds me of T**ai in the old days when Alan H****d was there before he set up his own hedgie and fucked off to Switzerland
Ohhhhhh . . . was interviewed by that person at exactly that time (Sep '95?) . . . after turning up 45 mins late, his first question to me was "So what makes you think you can work in finance". "Have the courtesy of reading someone's cv before you interview them" was my reply and walked straight out of the door. ("f*ck off c*nty" was what I was thinking).

As an ED at Goldmans after 12 years, he need never work again if he so chooses.

Its easy to pontificate and take the moral high ground when you are in this position.
yep, he was happy to swallow corporate cum for 12 years - then when he's stinking rich decides to complain

yep, he was happy to swallow corporate cum for 12 years - then when he's stinking rich decides to complain
Exactly. Its bollocks. He is off to a comfortable retirement. If he thinks writing this shit will get him to heaven he's dreaming, he will burn in hell with the rest of them. :D

I wonder who would have trusted Mr Beller-End with their cash as seemd entirely cavalier with the stuff, not noticing 1.1 mil missing for a couple of years..

Also mystifying is the way the FSA shows his first UK registration as with Peloton Partners ( no longer authorised as of 1/12/2008) no mention of Goldmans yet his secretary was there theiving the wedge in London for a couple o years at least prior to the 2004 event.... I wonder what he was doing at Goldmans, trousering so much wedge that a mil goes missing without so much as an eyebat while was not registered as a reprentative of the company in the UK and thus could not have transacted financial business.
Wonder if Plods spotted that?

Exactly. Its bollocks. He is off to a comfortable retirement. If he thinks writing this shit will get him to heaven he's dreaming, he will burn in hell with the rest of them. :D
I think he may spend his wedge getting Camel impersonation lessons so as to pass thru the eye of the needle and thus heavenwards;)

Ohhhhhh . . . was interviewed by that person at exactly that time (Sep '95?) . . . after turning up 45 mins late, his first question to me was "So what makes you think you can work in finance". "Have the courtesy of reading someone's cv before you interview them" was my reply and walked straight out of the door. ("f*ck off c*nty" was what I was thinking).
He was/prob still is, a daft little man - a have a VERY interesting tale of how he nearly busted Salomon Bros.....not for hear tho I think......

I wonder who would have trusted Mr Beller-End with their cash as seemd entirely cavalier with the stuff, not noticing 1.1 mil missing for a couple of years..

He's got fucking awful taste as well, we occupy the old Peleton offices, the decor is shocking in parts!

They paid your bonuses from the proceeds of crime. Money's ours now.

Tough titty. :(

They paid your bonuses from the proceeds of crime. Money's ours now.

Tough titty. :(

What crime?

lol

That's a leap isn't it.. considering you don't know who I work for, what I do or what if any bonus I have received....

What crime?

lol

That's a leap isn't it.. considering you don't know who I work for, what I do or what if any bonus I have received....

But..but..it's fun to have someone who works/worked for "the man" on the boards who can be threatened with expropriation! Don't be oppressing us with your demand for facts and common sense! :(

It's the biggest criminal enterprise in history. You don't get off just because you're innocent - Enron's workers lost everything - jobs, pensions, health insurance. Why is finance any different?

The Guardian's banking blog has been running monologues by people who work in finance. Many of them say the job is much the same as in any other sector but they get paid three times as much (or more) because there's so much money swilling around.

Criminal enterprise mate. Good times are over. We'll go easy on you, but if you can't cough up the dough, we'll have yer house. ;)

. . . Enron's workers lost everything - jobs, pensions, health insurance. Why is finance any different?
Er . . . in practice Enron were pretty much a finance company I thought?

The Guardian's banking blog has been running monologues by people who work in finance.
Cannot remember anyone who had a front-office City job being a Guardian reader.

IT support is definitely in there, along with several quants/techies and I think an administrator or three. Sales also. They say the job is not much different to anywhere else, they just get paid shitloads to do it.

Back
Top Bottom