Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's going on in the CIRCA thread?

the big bad pig

Fuck to the power of ****
Lots of stuff that I'm not going to sift through but can a few people give a brief overview to sections of it please?

Or have I got it sussed with:

Lots of people slagging off clowns, some people defending them, followed by lots of John Jordan debate?

the big bad pig said:
Lots of stuff that I'm not going to sift through but can a few people give a brief overview to sections of it please?

Or have I got it sussed with:

Lots of people slagging off clowns, some people defending them, followed by lots of John Jordan debate?

Yeah, that's about it, but you'll have to read through it you lazy sod! :)

I dont think so. I work a lot and I actually have to work rather than sit in an office doing little all day and i have to do 24 hour shifts quite often so by the itme Im back theres loads there and its hard ot keep up. Some people dont have as much to do and can keep up to datem i dont see why they cant help out. (i hope tbbp has the same problem)

I could read the thread but is it worth it?

Apparently not, although there may have been some snippets that some may have felt worth sharing again.

Also threads quite often get derailed onto a different topic, this one seems to be about John Jordan rather than clowns.

Miserable activists who have read lenin and have messy hair - It anit right.

Normal people - Silly buggers but looks like fun.

Hope this helps.

Zaskar said:

Hope this helps.

Since when were you the voice of 'normal people'?

the big bad pig said:
Also threads quite often get derailed onto a different topic, this one seems to be about John Jordan rather than clowns.

i think there was some valuable discussion on many issues. some of them generated spin-off threads.

Indeed. It went right off in the middle, imo, but has been really interesting again for the last few pages.

Sorry. said:
Since when were you the voice of 'normal people'?

If it's possible to write accurately about illiteracy, it must be possible for Zaskar to summarise what normal people are saying. :D

But what were they doing here? I didn't see any?

Zaskar said:

Hope this helps.

Disingenuous.

IPRN said:
This from someone who uses Status Quo for his (CIRCA) film sound-track! :D
Did I ? Oh yea, ' in the army ' , irony intended, but you got me there.

I was being rather flippant in my summary (as per)

solstice said:
I thing you were great editing the piece. ;)
Thanks, was loads of wk cos one of the circa kept changing thier mind but she would probably say i was all precious and arty and stroppy, which i am of course.

gurrier said:
Arising out of the thread in question, I couldn't help noticing that you seem to have done your best to fuck up indymedia bristol today http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2005/06/314617.html

Presuming that there aren't two zaskar's running around the place.

Just doing your duty as a law abiding citizen, eh?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Is the hit that make people so aggressive?

do we need to defend the media before the people?
I guess if you were in that train where large rocks were being dropped on, you would think differently!

1) Zaskar's defence was rather odd given that he claimed the OB always read the site anyway. So why the need to report?

2) I don't think the incident happened, the OB are just using the made up report as tool to put pressure on BIM who are currently a thorn in their side.

I reported the incident to the police promptly, along with several others, as I was anxoius the police stop any reoccurence of this highly dangerous action.

I had no desire to fuck up BIM. The post broke IM guidelines anyway.

The police informed me the event was indeed real.

I am suprised at your level of suspicion BA, do you really think the police made all this up just so they couls ask BIM for the IPs of these loons ?

Why would they do that ?

You put a very negaitve interpretation on what seems to me the proper thing to do. Are you being totally honest about your motivations, since suspicion seems fashionable with you....?

edit...

BIM a thorn in the police's side.... geesh how do you work that one out ? ?

Well, to answer your question - i asked about who you talked to a) to discover if you'd talked to BTP or the other lot and b) to have a name to use if this all went tits up.

And no, i don't think the OB made this up, i think some idiots put that false report up and the police are now using it - not that they made it up, not that they posted the report. This is a fairly common police tactic, it's nothing out of the ordinary.

butchersapron said:
Well, to answer your question - i asked about who you talked to a) to discover if you'd talked to BTP or the other lot and b) to have a name to use if this all went tits up.

And no, i don't think the OB made this up, i think some idiots put that false report up and the police are now using it - not that they made it up, not that they posted the report. This is a fairly common police tactic, it's nothing out of the ordinary.

I suppose that is 'just' possible. I suggest you phone the police, I think you asked me for the investigating officers details on another thread, and ask them yourself.

They sounded very plausible to me.

Also I would be suprised if under the current state of the law / country that the rozzers need to go to such bizarre lengths, also if that were the case then the BIM peeps really should just hand the IP of the posters over, that is all the police want I understand.

I might go sniff about with my camera for some interviews / pics of damage ect if people are really doubting the validity of all this.

It really would be a great scoop if it was all made up by police wouldnt it ?

Zaskar said:
I reported the incident to the police promptly, along with several others, as I was anxoius the police stop any reoccurence of this highly dangerous action.

I had no desire to fuck up BIM. The post broke IM guidelines anyway.
Did you ask them to pull the post first or did you just go to the cops straight away? Did you consult with anybody, or did you just decide yourself that the IMC volunteers should spend a few days getting threats and hassle from the cops in order to protect the public from the obvious dangers of an obviously moronic post? Do you think that the situation was so dangerous to the public that it warranted giving the cops an excuse to go after an IMC?

Tout. :mad:

gurrier said:
Did you ask them to pull the post first or did you just go to the cops straight away? Did you consult with anybody, or did you just decide yourself that the IMC volunteers should spend a few days getting threats and hassle from the cops in order to protect the public from the obvious dangers of an obviously moronic post? Do you think that the situation was so dangerous to the public that it warranted giving the cops an excuse to go after an IMC?

Tout. :mad:
Well, yes.

Check the original story on bim. They are actually encouraging others to do the same too.

I suppose I could have assumed someone else could have reported it but what if everyone did that, and BIM didnt reprt it..... and someone got killed ....???

Your mindset and priorities are very different to mine so I dont suppose you will understand my actions.

butchersapron said:

I think you need to take your tinfoil helmet off and chill.
I don't think the police have the manpower or time to waste on hassling pointless nobodies like BIM for no reason.
It sounds to me though this happened, in exactly the same way that the (probably) same group of people (judging by their writing style) vandalised the Sea Cadets hut in Hotwells a couple of years back to protest against the Iraq war. That turned out to be totally true, as the pictures were all over the local papers.

Serotonin said:
I think you need to take your tinfoil helmet off and chill.
I don't think the police have the manpower or time to waste on hassling pointless nobodies like BIM for no reason.
It sounds to me though this happened, in exactly the same way that the (probably) same group of people (judging by their writing style) vandalised the Sea Cadets hut in Hotwells a couple of years back to protest against the Iraq war. That turned out to be totally true, as the pictures were all over the local papers.
Of course that was true - the whole point of that action was that it happened - it was designed to be publicised, if it wasn't true there would be no story. There was never any doubt about that, nor was there meant to be - you're talking about two qualitively different cases.

You're not too up to date on how the police appraoch the radical movemnt are you? You don't reacall the national indymedia servers being taken away last october just prior to the ESF? Couldn't have happened could it - why on earth would they be at all interested in something like that?

Isn't the G8 coming? is naive the word?

Back
Top Bottom