Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What was the last piece of music to totally blow your mind?

tangerinedream

Density of Sound
As in, the last piece of music that felt utterly different and hit a spot in your head no other music had ever reached, that made you think 'Fuck me, this is good, in a way I didn't know I could feel.'

Mine was probably some Arvo Part stuff, which I'd really liked but one night I played it loud and it was a physically incredible thing. Not this track per se, but the whole CD as an experience.

Always here with up to the minute pop tips.

Last night when i saw this thread i was blank.... its a tall order: " hit a spot in your head no other music had ever reached, that made you think 'Fuck me, this is good, in a way I didn't know I could feel.'" Those kind of moments are rarer and rarer.....

but last year I found out about and went to see this Brazillian genius, Hermeto Pascoal. The live show was great, but I particularly love this video of him and his friends playing pipes in waterfalls...its a beautiful (spacecadet) thing,....

going to put my headphones and listen to the tunes in the thread...looks great...

two things have been on constant rotations recently: this, thanks to dubversion -

Gorgeous; dub got me with this one which has totally got into my head:

Can't find the album for love nor money (well a lot of money anyway) :(

Last thing to really blow my mind was watching Jonty Harrison perform a live diffusion of his electroacoustic pieces. Doesn't have quite the same effect listening to it at home on youtube though...

(not sure if that is actually Jonty Harrison either, but it's the closest thing I could find)

The first time I heard M83, which was years ago in Australia when I bought this album. Here's the first track

And this, which is just brilliant

Back
Top Bottom