Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Bristolian shortlisted for Paul Foot award

Bristolian

Banned
Banned
Blimey - 'The Bristolian' has been shortlisted for the inaugural Paul Foot award!
We get £5,000 if we win! George Monbiot's up for it as well. Who are you backing Urbanites?

I was rather hoping some would nominate "Notes from the Borderland" for their devastating article on ............... Paul Foot!

Good luck to the Bristolian!

Paul Marsh said:
I was rather hoping some would nominate "Notes from the Borderland" for their devastating article on ............... Paul Foot!
only problem there might be that it was badly researched derivative and bleedin' obvious. tho it would have been slightly amusing. & you never know, maybe someone did!

but - forgot to say before, good one on the nomination anyway Bristolian.

belboid said:
only problem there might be that it was badly researched derivative and bleedin' obvious.

you obviously haven't read it then..If you would care to show us with chapter & verse exactly how it is allegedly as bad as you say, we'd be happy to print such a reply.

I have read it Larry, & tho I can't recall it all offhand, I think I still have the original article at home, along with the frankly fascinating [sic] discussion off UKLN.

However, as the gist of the article was 'Paul Foot was posh you know', then yee fucking ha! There were also a number of stupid factual errors that rather undercut the authors attempts to criticise Foot for 'lazy research'.

nah, the nominated 'bristolian' is a muck-raking scandal sheet, which regularly breaks big corruption stories here in the west, long before the nationals get a sniff - like the john astley/libdem votes-for-paedos shenanigans :eek:

butchersapron said:
No, that's a prick called Tony Gosling.

Given Gosling's antipathy towards the Bristolian, and anarchists in general, (posting on Indymedia once as "Class War", when he is nothing to do with the group) that he should get a domain name with "Bristolian" in the name is sadly typical of the man.

belboid said:
that is very occasional

well, i think he found a cosier welcome for his, um, *unique* brand of politics on the bulletin boards run by that friend of bristol indymedia & u75, inks, where he's notched up an amazing three times as many posts ;)

Congratulations Bristolian..............

I was wondering, if your likely to be chancing your arm at the bookfair this year ? :)

Kenny Vermouth said:
The Bristolian I found is a religious affairs magazine, right?
http://www.bristolian.org.uk/
If so, I don't want it to win. I don't like religion and shit.

Just tried to access this site at work to see what's been put up in our name and I got the following message:

Warning: You have tried to access a site that is categorised as Violence/Hate/Racism. It is company policy to deny access to these sites.

Nuff said.

Bristolian said:
Blimey - 'The Bristolian' has been shortlisted for the inaugural Paul Foot award!
We get £5,000 if we win! George Monbiot's up for it as well. Who are you backing Urbanites?

Excellent, well done!

belboid said:
I have read it Larry, & tho I can't recall it all offhand, I think I still have the original article at home, along with the frankly fascinating [sic] discussion off UKLN.

However, as the gist of the article was 'Paul Foot was posh you know', then yee fucking ha! There were also a number of stupid factual errors that rather undercut the authors attempts to criticise Foot for 'lazy research'.

Cheers for saving me the effort of trying to track it down, belboid. Not that I was going to make much of an effort anyway, of course...

Pickmans - if it was online I definitely would have 'made the effort'. However, I am not going to hand over £3.50 to London Class War (ie you) to be told:

belboid said:
'Paul Foot was posh you know'... yee fucking ha! .

Sorry about that.

rebel warrior said:
Pickmans - if it was online I definitely would have 'made the effort'. However, I am not going to hand over £3.50 to London Class War (ie you) to be told:

Sorry about that.
so you're not interested in the rather revealing bit about st paul foot's will?

fucking please yourself! :mad:

btw, there are other articles in the nfb alluded to, some of which you might find interesting. and i bet there's senior members of yr party get that magazine. they probably like to be well informed, even if you don't.

rebel warrior said:

Sorry about that.

what has notes from the borderland got to do with CW? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom