Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taliban attack army school in Pakistan

Three explosions heard from the school. There are apparently up to 500 children on the premises each day. fucking hell.

This is an upper middle class area and most of the children belong to army families. One of our policemen, who was there, claimed around 200 children have been killed but it is not yet confirmed.

Here

From all accounts this is still ongoing i.e it could get much worse yet.

I think a lot of non-ISIS groups now having to step up their spectaculars to keep/gain recruits. What a terrible dynamic.

Well certainly attacking the school because it was a Pakistani military basis was calculated in itself. Im not sure to what end though?
an obvious reason would be to draw the army out as the army are likely to be out for blood and not necessarily as careful as they might be, leading to an army atrocity or to an army defeat.

Reports from Pakistan TV interviewing children that the attackers were speaking Arabic.
Apparently they recruit from places like Algeria and Chechnya - my Pakistani colleague views them as mercenaries rather than fundamentalists

yes. it is very easy to dismiss them as savages, but as far as i can see what they're doing is very calculated.

Well when your plan inculdes shoot children in the head you desrve to be condemmed out of hand and gunned down.
Militant islam is the enemy of mankind. Its not as if the pakistan military had a reputation for restraint anyway:mad:

Being savage does not preclude you from having a game plan.
tbh calling them savages is lazy and says more about your own attitudes than it does about them. what they did is vile and horrific: and indeed savage - but calling them savages plays on a load of auld imperial themes which places you quite happily further up the ladder of civilization than they. as ought to have become apparent from the events of the middle of the last century, europe cannot claim any superiority on this front than any other part of the world.

Back
Top Bottom