Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Surplus festival 2014

Clint Iguana

not an undercover cop
West wales... sorry, no website that i can see, just facebook at moment https://www.facebook.com/events/337793186355986/

3 stages - £50

Mountain Farm, Joppa, SY23 5EJ

Line-up so far . .

LEVITATION STAGE (MAIN)
Live Bands

HEADGAMES
BLACK JOKE FIRE COMPANY BAND
RADICAL DANCE FACTION
SKIPRAT
INNER TERRESTRIALS
PA SKA DO LOCO
AOS3
CHINA SHOP BULL
TRIBAZIK
PETROL BASTARD
THE STIFF JOINTS
THE KRAYONS
ZINC BUKOWSKI
DOGSHITE
DREAD GIVEAWAYS
FLUTATIOUS
FASTA BENJ
THE SPORADICS
STIX
FLAT STANLEY
DEFORMED, PULSATING & VIBRATING
NOT SINCE THE ACCIDENT
BUS STATION LOONIES
GUNG HO
THE BLITZ

Already booked the relevant Monday off for this. We'll so definitely be going now! :D :cool:

I was genuinely excited when I first saw the information about this. Cracking chance for a post-working-at-Glastonbury chillout/crustout! :p :D

Also, it'll be a great substitute for Alchemy for some of us who live far too far away from deeply rural Lincolnshire :) :)

And Gail's Tea Tent is involved ;)

Reassuringly for us CAMRA types ( :D ), one of the organisers promised me on FB that they're on the case for securing good quality beer/cider for their bar. People will be able to take their own alcohol supplies to the fest apparantly. But they also want folk to spend cash in the bar as any profit will go towards keeping the fest going ... :)

Was really hoping to go to this but without a guestie or work I'm not sure I can afford the ticket plus travel. :(

Have you checked their FB page again, it's possible? they might still want people to help, there's been the odd mention in previous postings.
I emailed and posted in the appropriate FB group, but supposedly they decided last week and I've not heard from them so I'm guessing it's not going to happen.

I emailed and posted in the appropriate FB group, but supposedly they decided last week and I've not heard from them so I'm guessing it's not going to happen.

stuff_it
Worth another go perhaps?? -- check Andrew Hughes' recent post on the Surplus Fest Facebook page, only 8 hours ago and they're still looking -- is that a new email address?

stuff_it
Worth another go perhaps?? -- check Andrew Hughes' recent post on the Surplus Fest Facebook page, only 8 hours ago and they're still looking -- is that a new email address?
They already have my details then, sounds like they've not made any final decisions yet. They're about 100,000 times better organised than we are at Takeback and we're being absolutely bombarded by applications.

They already have my details then, sounds like they've not made any final decisions yet. They're about 100,000 times better organised than we are at Takeback and we're being absolutely bombarded by applications.
says they aren't contacting people til after deadline date
For anyone who has already applied and not heard anything please don't worry we will be contacting you after the deadline date! So come on get on it!! Peace

Negative developments on yesterday's BBC Wales page :

Surplus Festival : Three-day event on Ceredigion scrapped

BBC said:
The festival's organisers have been asked to comment.

Ceredigion council confirmed the application had been withdrawn because public safety could be compromised.

The spokesman added that organisers are considering other sites outside Ceredigion this year and may review the decision to return to the site in Joppa in the future.

So we're not completely without hope that the fest might still go ahead this year I suppose, but I've been completely unable to find any other information yet. I've asked for a comment on the organisers' Facebook page, but tbf to them, the above news only emerged yesterday afternoon.

Bugger I was considering driving over to this one.

Ah farmers shouting "Get off somebody else's land "

That picture on the BBC web site look suspicious. I checked out the festival site on google and it all looked a bit greener and more lucious. I suspect bad library pictures.

Some reassuring posts went up at the weekend on the Surplus Festival Facebook page, from the organisers. They say that the fest will still happen, but on a new site -- location to be announced later. I assume they'll still have to sort out a licence though, so I'm still a bit cautious for now.

Back
Top Bottom