Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Streatham chitter chatter thread

teuchter

je suis teuchter
I know there is a lot of exciting stuff going on in Streatham, which I'm concerned a lot of people won't hear about if it's posted about elsewhere on the boards so I thought I would start this thread, which people interested in the Zone 3 section of the A23 and surrounding area could subscribe to and keep up to date with events.

I'd suggest that Streatham-related news be posted here rather than elsewhere - no-one would want important info to be missed on account of it not being shared with the appropriate audience.

i think it's only you that's bothered tbh. 'brixton' on U75 means brixton and the surrounding area - basically the lambeth borough. and i'm happy about that.

It's never bothered me. If Herne Hill, Dulwich, Tulse Hill, Camberwell, Stockwell, Kennington and Clapham news can go on the Brixton thread, I don't see why Streatham can't.

You just wanted to start a new thread didn't you teuchter?

It's never bothered me. If Herne Hill, Dulwich, Tulse Hill, Camberwell, Stockwell, Kennington and Clapham news can go on the Brixton thread, I don't see why Streatham can't.

You just wanted to start a new thread didn't you teuchter?

You may wish to PM the mods to get the Camberwell chitter chatter thread closed down, then.

So, to summarise, news from Herne Hill, Dulwich, Tulse Hill, Camberwell, Stockwell, Kennington and Clapham can go on the Brixton thread, but Camberwell should have it's own thread, but Streatham shouldn't have its own thread because it's way away from the A23.

Should Clapham have its own thread and what about Tulse Hill and if so why and if not why not?

i think it's only you that's bothered tbh. 'brixton' on U75 means brixton and the surrounding area - basically the lambeth borough. and i'm happy about that.

So no-one would raise an eyebrow if I started posting about events at the Royal Festival Hall on the Brixton thread.

So, to summarise, news from Herne Hill, Dulwich, Tulse Hill, Camberwell, Stockwell, Kennington and Clapham can go on the Brixton thread, but Camberwell should have it's own thread, but Streatham shouldn't have its own thread because it's way away from the A23.

Should Clapham have its own thread and what about Tulse Hill and if so why and if not why not?

How's Streatham way away from the A23? It's on the Abloody23

Sorry, that's what I meant. Easy to make these mistakes when there's basically no rhyme nor reason to what one is paraphrasing.

I get that. I accidentally said Thursday was a Bank Holiday because someone else was taking nonsense.

My Aunty Peg used to live in Streatham, at the Tate mansion on Streatham Hill, it was a convent then, which was convenient for her, as she is a nun.

My Aunty Peg used to live in Streatham, at the Tate mansion on Streatham Hill, it was a convent then, which was convenient for her, as she is a nun.

Do you address her as Mother Peg or Aunty Peg or Aunty Mother Peg or something else?

Do you address her as Mother Peg or Aunty Peg or Aunty Mother Peg or something else?

I call her Peg, but she is known as Sister Rose, and she has been a Mother Superior! She's retired now, although you never retire completely from nunning.

I call her Peg, but she is known as Sister Rose, and she has been a Mother Superior! She's retired now, although you never retire completely from nunning.

I remember Sister Rose. Went on a couple of guided tours of Park Hill before the order had to sell up. They used to conclude with tea and Mr Kipling cakes served in the room that had once been Henry Tate's billiard room.

Back
Top Bottom