Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Stormont Tricolour flag to be debated

AKA pseudonym

A Northern Ireland Assembly committee will discuss whether the Tricolour should fly alongside the Union Flag at Stormont as part of a debate on good relations.......
It will be the first time the issue has been debated at the Assembly.
No fixed date for the meeting has yet been set, however it could take place in the coming weeks.
Nationalist politicians have welcomed the news, while unionists are adamant the Irish national flag will not be flown.

I'm voting: Fly the Union flag and the Tricolour OPTION
EQUALITY as always

VOTE EARLY N OFTEN :D would be cool for us to win this in the interests of parity etc etc.....

I do not know of anyone outside of sinn fein or the various unionists really gives a fuck either way.

hmmm... I hear ya... but its the principle, we should have parity and not just the 'butchers apron' flying at that old bastion of loyalism... maybe a statue of Connolly to complement Carson too :D
tbh: I couldn't give a feck about any flags, its the principle!
btw: the poll has to be feckin rigged :-( We have been pushing hard and still no change...

hmmm... I hear ya... but its the principle, we should have parity and not just the 'butchers apron' flying at that old bastion of loyalism... maybe a statue of Connolly to complement Carson too :D
tbh: I couldn't give a feck about any flags, its the principle!
btw: the poll has to be feckin rigged :-( We have been pushing hard and still no change...
They have probably done more rigging than we have, the cheatinger bastards.

personally the north need to grow up before they are allowed so much as bunting:facepalm:
let alone flags.:eek:
maybe we could get argentina to take them its cold wet and theirs sheep whats the diffrence.:rolleyes:
we could even cut all the trees down

The idea of having the Irish Tricolour flying above Stormont must really aggravate Unionists, poor sods, but it is entirely consistent with that special Northern Irish version of multikulti, 'equality of esteem'. If you refuse to fly the symbol of Irish identity, you are surely saying that it is less valued here than British identity.

Northern Ireland is a funny place. It is one of the Unionists' misfortunes that most British people don't have even one tenth of the loyalty to the Unionists that the Unionists have to Britain. I'm English and I have no preference at all about the solution to the Great Stormont Flag Question.

Looks like someone sorted it out themselves . Today the 2 union jacks were hauled down and replaced by a tricolour and a green Irish Republic flag . A team of builders repairing the roof are prime suspects . Unionists going hopping mad , police investigating . A hoo hah .

Back
Top Bottom