Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sports Personality Of The Year - Zara Phillips

Arafat

What a load of crock! :confused:

First off, she has zero personality (even for a royal she seems rather dull) . . . and secondly, wtf did she do again?

she does have a personality, has won a world championship, but didn't deserve this, should have been calzaghe or tweedle

Bizarre - hardly anyone that I know is aware who she is, let alone wants to give her an award...

Matt

Matt S said:
Bizarre - hardly anyone that I know is aware who she is, let alone wants to give her an award...

Matt

tbh, she is quite well known, being a royal and that, and shagging an england rugby player, and winning equestrian titles, and once having a tongue stud

Certainly an odd choice. :confused:

The Windor phone bill will look interesting when it arrives, probably in six volumes.

Dr. Furface said:
Equestrianism isn't sport, just a passtime for toffs.

Clazaghe shoulda got it.

I'd like to see you go over those cross country jumps on a horse! It is a piece of piss you know. Anyone can do it, just like that.

Errol's son said:
I'd like to see you go over those cross country jumps on a horse! It is a piece of piss you know. Anyone can do it, just like that.

Yes, but nobody is interested in the sport save for a small minority of posh types - almost zero popular appeal. If Zara hadn't won the event we'd have been none the wiser that a Brit was even champion. She won because she's a fucking royal, pure and simple.

You evidently think that defending a boxing belt at the top level against all comers for a decade is a piece of piss then?

bendeus said:
You evidently think that defending a boxing belt at the top level against all comers for a decade is a piece of piss then?

When did I claim that?

I just responded to a post. that claimed equestrianism is not a sport and just a pass time ,to point out that it is actually quite an achievement what Zara has done.

Dr. Furface said:
Equestrianism isn't sport, just a passtime for toffs.

Clazaghe shoulda got it.

it is a sport, don't know how you can say it isn't really, she is a toff true, but i believe she funds it herself, though sponsorship, just like lots of other non toff sports people

bendeus said:

completely. It's just a panto, what with those dumb masks and the pants and whatnot. Fucking embarrasment :(

Errol's son said:
When did I claim that?

I just responded to a post. that claimed equestrianism is not a sport and just a pass time ,to point out that it is actually quite an achievement what Zara has done.
It sure was, and there wasn't a dry eye in the Palace when she won it.

Meanwhile, hardly anyone else even knew she was competing - until afterwards when the BBC made a big thing of it, not surprisingly since they had such a dearth of real candidates for their title this year.

the show was big palava wasn't it?

live orchestra? wtf?

I dunno maybe phil taylor should have won it, 13 world titles, few could beat that

or did I see the female winner of the tour de france was a brit and in the top ten too, thats new

:rolleyes: to you mr swarfega.

it is. it's difficult and not anyone can do it.

it's just as much a sport as some blokes knocking seven shades of shit out of each other. infact, moreso.

I think she deserves it as much as anyone else who has a multi million pound job deserves an award.

Tank Girl said:

it's just as much a sport as some blokes knocking seven shades of shit out of each other. infact, moreso.

NO! Tank Girl - how could you say such a thing!

:eek:

Tank Girl said:

Bomber said:
:rolleyes: Looks for a yawning smiley ? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

:p

Horsey-stuff is rubbish, but I forgive you both.

;)

Tank Girl said:
You're right there, not anyone can - most people don't have the requisite amount of privilege, money and connections to even contemplate it.

Dr. Furface said:
You're right there, not anyone can - most people don't have the requisite amount of privilege, money and connections to even contemplate it.

It depends where you come from. If you're from the countryside, everyone rides - it's not 'posh' at all.

Most jockeys don't come from wealthy backgrounds at all although I'll admit eventing does need money because it's not a betting sport. But not connections or priviledge. My niece does eventing - my sister and her husband are not rich by any means and my niece works all weekend to pay for the upkeep of her horse. Zara Phillips is sponsored.

Back
Top Bottom