Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Serious incident outside the Barrier Block, Coldharbour Lane, 12th June

editor

hiraethified
Seems to have been a fairly major incident on Coldharbour Lane by Gresham Road. The Payless store has been taped off and there's three ambulances and an ambulance car in attendance, plus several police cars.

I saw an altercation with a bloke and a dog and several other people.

The stretch of Coldharbour Lane between Valentia Place and Gresham Road is now taped off. More police arriving.

Based on what I saw, and the continued presence of the police, I'm guessing a knife may have been involved in all this.

I've made this a separate thread as the incident seems a serious one. The road is still blocked off.

Been taking to residents and no one is quite sure what went on. Eye witnesses saw a guy with an Alsatian dog waving what looked like a knife at three guys outside the Payless store. He went chasing after one of them, before pushing his way into the shop.

cooldharbour-lane-stabbin2.jpg

cooldharbour-lane-stabbing-1.jpg

cooldharbour-lane-stabbing.jpg

11.20 according to Brixton Blog.

Yes, they would have taken that from my Tweet.

I've now learnt that there was definitely two stabbings and it was two different people who were injured.

One was the white older guy with the Alsatian dog. No one from the store was stabbed, although there was an altercation inside.

It would seem that a man with a knife was chased by police (TSG) through the market and out onto Coldharbour Lane. He stabbed 3 people, a 10 yr old boy, an 86 year old woman and a man. I hope the victims are ok :(. I guess it will be referred to the IPCC now as the perp was being pursued by police when he committed these crimes. Its not the police's fault tho'. Just got home to police tape across the exit to our car-park, apparently a gang member had been pursued been police and was seen dropping something. Just another normal day.

It would seem that a man with a knife was chased by police (TSG) through the market and out onto Coldharbour Lane. He stabbed 3 people, a 10 yr old boy, an 86 year old woman and a man. I hope the victims are ok :(. I guess it will be referred to the IPCC now as the perp was being pursued by police when he committed these crimes. Its not the police's fault tho'. Just got home to police tape across the exit to our car-park, apparently a gang member had been pursued been police and was seen dropping something. Just another normal day.

When was this?

I've got that completely wrong. The incident opposite you involved two men who had an altercation in the bookies, both stabbed, both in hospital.

The other incident was in the Mailonline today. Sorry for mistake.

I've got that completely wrong. The incident opposite you involved two men who had an altercation in the bookies, both stabbed, both in hospital.
They weren't in the bookies as it had closed (you can see that in the photos). The altercation took place in the street.

Never mind the facts, let's get the bookies closed down anyway.
Actually, now you mention it, I think the whole thing started in the bookies but they popped out and let it just simmer for a while before exploding into a street fight.

Never mind the facts, let's get the bookies closed down anyway.
William Hill are opening a new branch in the former travel goods shop near the police station (and funeral directors).
If Lambeth adopted a sensible policy on betting shops like "one in one out" we could at least have had the menace displaced to a location where appropriate services were on hand.

Doesn't planning law prevent that - there's some legislation that puts Money Loan Sharks and Banks on equal footing. I guess Lambeth could have a policy around that, but is that likely to happen?

William Hill are opening a new branch in the former travel goods shop near the police station (and funeral directors).
If Lambeth adopted a sensible policy on betting shops like "one in one out" we could at least have had the menace displaced to a location where appropriate services were on hand.
Were Newham not going to court to try and prevent another betting shop from opening in the Borough? I seem to think there was something in the news on it earlier in the week.

When I read the thread title I was worried someone had thrown some chicken bones and done a wee again......

:p

I heard a little more about the incident. There was an argument and the one guy went off and came back with a huge knife and stabbed the bloke with the dog. The bloke with the dog fought back and ended up stabbing the guy back - and he came off the worse.

Great to now there's people wandering around with knives outside my door. :mad:

Reactions: CH1
I heard a little more about the incident. There was an argument and the one guy went off and came back with a huge knife and stabbed the bloke with the dog. The bloke with the dog fought back and ended up stabbing the guy back - and he came off the worse.

Great to now there's people wandering around with knives outside my door. :mad:

At least he had to bugger off to find a knife and didn't just happen to have it tucked away!

Reactions: CH1
Back
Top Bottom